DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what caused the compass errors?

Ok, it's pretty much accurate as I said before. However Ithe drone and cs monitor compasses never aligned 100 percent of the time. I normally would get like 5-10 degrees off on my CS monitor even when they both facing in the same direction.

Ah ok so you are saying that the CS monitor compass should align to North when the drone is facing north?

The aircraft indicator should point to north on the map and the compass rose, based on the aircraft IMU heading. The compass rose will rotate to show the direction that the monitor is pointing, based on the CS internal compass, which is what is likely reading incorrectly in this case.

Reactions: Thomas B
The aircraft indicator should point to north on the map and the compass rose, based on the aircraft IMU heading. The compass rose will rotate to show the direction that the monitor is pointing, based on the CS internal compass, which is what is likely reading incorrectly in this case.
Thank you Sar, appreciate your feedback. I think I will try to calibrate the crystal sky monitor and see what happens.

Another thing to consider on the compass interference is any big electric motors nearby such as elevators or air handlers. They will play havoc on magnetic compasses.
Thanks Cal there were actually big central air conditioning units on top of the building like 10 feet away from where I took off. Thanks for your contribution.

Thanks Cal there were actually big central air conditioning units on top of the building like 10 feet away from where I took off. Thanks for your contribution.

Since you never posted the flight log this is all still speculation.

Reactions: Thomas B
Since you never posted the flight log this is all still speculation.
Hi Sar the flight logs was attached to this thread. Please have a look and give your expert opinion please.

I couldn't find a log in there that matched your flight description. If it was one of those, then which one?
I am sure that atleast two of those logs should have something about compass errors. I can't read the logs properly so I decided to upload all for that flight. I understand now I don't need to upload all. But if your analysis of the logs are different than what was already said here, then I will really like to know what caused those errors. Thanks again for your contribution. I am still learning alot of stuff on this forums

I will really like to know what caused those errors.
Post #5 explains what caused the compass error in that flight.
I'd suggest you try putting your Mavic on the steel roof of your car to see a good demonstration of what causes a compass error.

Post #5 explains what caused the compass error in that flight.
I'd suggest you try putting your Mavic on the steel roof of your car to see a good demonstration of what causes a compass error.
Ah, got ya thanks

I have had several Compass errors after flying for 2 batteries or just after taking off for the first time. Also in different locations even different countries. But it never happened at all until the unit was about 9 months old. In fact I have had lots of weird things happen with my MPP since that started occurring. Like
1 the camera shaking while recording then stopping for a while then starting again.
2 gimbal overload error.
3 gimbal getting stuck while doing startup calibratation. Tucked up almost facing backwards.
4 controller signal loss error but still able to control the drone like normal.
5 magnetic interference.
All the above started after not flying my drone for over a month.
Have you had any of those errors also ??

Hi Nitro, the MPP was my first drone and I have really learned alot on these forums. Hence the reason I try to post all the weird errors and problems I experience with my MPP. As for weird errors I had a small crash once with my MPP. Since then when I try to do a gimbal calibration it reaches 78% and randomly fails. The weird thing is if I do and IMU calibration then do the gimbal calibration it miraculously works. Never got a reason why it happens. Additionally I get the camera reset midflight which I understand is an issue that some MPP experience. Lastly most compass errors I get apparently starts at where I take off. I haven't had much, but they scare the **** outta me so if I see them show up I land right away reboot and change locations if possible. But my experience with this drone has been really a fun experience and I am still learning so much. Wish I could fly more unfortunately my family and work life don't allow me that much time. Just post your issues here these guys a pretty much spot on and very helpful, best of luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d