DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What colour wrap/ skin is best for making a mavic hard to see?

A light blueish *** on the bottom to pretty well blend in with most sky conditions and some mix of camo colors on the top to try to match the colors of whatever terrain you are flying over.
This is how many WW2 fighters were painted back then.

I remember reading a thread like this a while ago that had a link to some Wikipedia page the highlighted Naval research programs focused on this very topic. Apparently DJ I got it spot on with the gray-ish color according to the Wikipedia page

It really does depend who you are hiding it from. Most of the skins you get for the Mavic leave the heat-sink underside unchanged - so for the 99.9% of the world that's going to be below the Mavic, it's not going to make any difference. If you want to disappear against the ground etc. when viewed from above by e.g. Police helicopter pilots [!!] then you need something like this:
camo_wrap.jpg That's not going to get rid of the IR signature however ...

Last edited:
I just wrapped my Mavic 2 Zoom with a Neon Green from Wrapgrade Japan, I had ordered a wrap from Decal Girl and sent it back because it wasn’t the color displayed on their site, Wrapgrade just made available the wraps for the Mavic 2 pro and Zoom last week here in the US. I also wanted a brighter color, the Neon Green ( chartreuse ) is supposed to be the most visible color made?? Anyway I’m very happy with the product so far, haven’t had a chance to fly yet because of the weather.03F0C15E-F613-46F1-86AE-D054DBFD21A5.jpeg03F0C15E-F613-46F1-86AE-D054DBFD21A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 7CB730AD-948C-4F29-B286-1C229B98F3AF.jpeg
    7CB730AD-948C-4F29-B286-1C229B98F3AF.jpeg
    616.8 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Juicyjai
It really does depend who you are hiding it from. Most of the skins you get for the Mavic leave the heat-sink underside unchanged - so for the 99.9% of the world that's going to be below the Mavic, it's not going to make any difference. If you want to disappear against the ground etc. when viewed from above by e.g. Police helicopter pilots [!!] then you need something like this:
View attachment 57752 That's not going to get rid of the IR signature however ...
Looks like this thread talks about stealth planes or spying....
The IR signature maybe couldnt be detected by police's helicopter ,because their IR cam couldn't make the difference between a bird or a mavic .... If it does, you'll need to fit your mavic with flares!!! :D

Making it hard to see will also make it hard to find if you have to go looking for it.

Looks like this thread talks about stealth planes or spying....
The IR signature maybe couldnt be detected by police's helicopter ,because their IR cam couldn't make the difference between a bird or a mavic .... If it does, you'll need to fit your mavic with flares!!! :D
I don't think you need flares! Here is a vid showing how a Police helicopter IR camera picks up a drone ...

Reactions: ccoltmanm

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard