DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What device (iPad/Samsung/Crystalsky?) Would you recommend?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
I'm currently using an old Samsung note 3 that is currently working flawlessly (aside from OTG) issue.

I am trying to hold off on a crystal sky due to the costs of getting one.

Does anyone recommend a specific iPad or any other device? I heard iPad mini 4 is usually a choice but wanted to see what other options there are... I will probably pick one up used but before I do I want to make sure there are other options.

I’ve only been flying 3 months with a Samsung 6 edge and have the phone black out nearly every time I fly, I’ve got an IPad Air which I’ll use once I get a holder mount.

I use Galaxy Note 4, but it's my primary phone with a very worn battery. I am looking for some older small device only for drones. What can you suggest?

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets and phones here.
I think my post is more about what do folks suggest versus what is compatible. What is the common device people use that has been tried and true.

I think my post is more about what do folks suggest versus what is compatible.
Yep. I understand. My list is not a list of what is compatible. It's a list of devices DJI supports (recommends) and devices that people on this website say work well.

Yep. I understand. My list is not a list of what is compatible. It's a list of devices DJI supports (recommends) and devices that people on this website say work well.
Ok I saw the diagram and matrix ill check the link again.

It depends on your goal/application. For example, the Crystalsky can’t be beat in the afternoon Florida sun.

My opinion based off having an IPhone X, Crystalsky Ultra, and a Huawei (Android) Phone....the best bang for your buck based on the average application is the Huawei ...hands down!

iPhone X = $1200
Crystalsky = $850
Huawei XT2= $50 to $80

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
If you have the $$ get an iPad pro 10.5" and a Mavmount 2. Awesome setup!
dcc50d7555b9c5a825c8817732b53c20.jpg

I am afraid you are going to get into the Ford/Chevy debate. You will find one person swear by a device and another swear at it. I understand your intent and it is good to poll the masses, but make sure you have your wading boots on :).

My opinion based off having an IPhone X, Crystalsky Ultra, and a Huawei (Android) Phone....the best bang for your buck based on the average application is the Huawei ...hands down!

iPhone X = $1200
Crystalsky = $850
Huawei XT2= $50 to $80

This is the first feedback from an actual owner of iphone x, CS, and Wunderphone here. Thanks for this valuable data point!

It depends on your goal/application. For example, the Crystalsky can’t be beat in the afternoon Florida sun.

iPhone X = $1200
Crystalsky = $850
Huawei XT2= $50 to $80

Hope this helps.
Very very helpful. I wanted this type of experience and advice. Fortunately after making this post. I stumbled upon the huwei post. I'm interested in this but it is not a tablet per say. But performance wise it looks great!! Price can't be beat obviously.

I am afraid you are going to get into the Ford/Chevy debate. You will find one person swear by a device and another swear at it. I understand your intent and it is good to poll the masses, but make sure you have your wading boots on :).
Completely understandable and although comments can be repetitive. Technology changes and that is what forums are about. At the end of the day I'll be making the final decision but I encourage healthy debates. [emoji2]

Ipad 5th Gen with cellurar and wifi is great for me...battery can stand and last the cold of -4 c...

Interesting so there is limitation on the CS.

It is android based and there are some issues with that. I use the crystalsky on my Mavic pro and my Osmo Pro camera. I prefer the CS to the iphone at all times except for if I want to Live stream anything. Can't do it currently with the CS and the Osmo, Ive never tried on the mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer