DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What device (iPad/Samsung/Crystalsky?) Would you recommend?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
I'm currently using an old Samsung note 3 that is currently working flawlessly (aside from OTG) issue.

I am trying to hold off on a crystal sky due to the costs of getting one.

Does anyone recommend a specific iPad or any other device? I heard iPad mini 4 is usually a choice but wanted to see what other options there are... I will probably pick one up used but before I do I want to make sure there are other options.

I’ve only been flying 3 months with a Samsung 6 edge and have the phone black out nearly every time I fly, I’ve got an IPad Air which I’ll use once I get a holder mount.

I use Galaxy Note 4, but it's my primary phone with a very worn battery. I am looking for some older small device only for drones. What can you suggest?

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets and phones here.
I think my post is more about what do folks suggest versus what is compatible. What is the common device people use that has been tried and true.

I think my post is more about what do folks suggest versus what is compatible.
Yep. I understand. My list is not a list of what is compatible. It's a list of devices DJI supports (recommends) and devices that people on this website say work well.

Yep. I understand. My list is not a list of what is compatible. It's a list of devices DJI supports (recommends) and devices that people on this website say work well.
Ok I saw the diagram and matrix ill check the link again.

It depends on your goal/application. For example, the Crystalsky can’t be beat in the afternoon Florida sun.

My opinion based off having an IPhone X, Crystalsky Ultra, and a Huawei (Android) Phone....the best bang for your buck based on the average application is the Huawei ...hands down!

iPhone X = $1200
Crystalsky = $850
Huawei XT2= $50 to $80

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
If you have the $$ get an iPad pro 10.5" and a Mavmount 2. Awesome setup!
dcc50d7555b9c5a825c8817732b53c20.jpg

I am afraid you are going to get into the Ford/Chevy debate. You will find one person swear by a device and another swear at it. I understand your intent and it is good to poll the masses, but make sure you have your wading boots on :).

My opinion based off having an IPhone X, Crystalsky Ultra, and a Huawei (Android) Phone....the best bang for your buck based on the average application is the Huawei ...hands down!

iPhone X = $1200
Crystalsky = $850
Huawei XT2= $50 to $80

This is the first feedback from an actual owner of iphone x, CS, and Wunderphone here. Thanks for this valuable data point!

It depends on your goal/application. For example, the Crystalsky can’t be beat in the afternoon Florida sun.

iPhone X = $1200
Crystalsky = $850
Huawei XT2= $50 to $80

Hope this helps.
Very very helpful. I wanted this type of experience and advice. Fortunately after making this post. I stumbled upon the huwei post. I'm interested in this but it is not a tablet per say. But performance wise it looks great!! Price can't be beat obviously.

I am afraid you are going to get into the Ford/Chevy debate. You will find one person swear by a device and another swear at it. I understand your intent and it is good to poll the masses, but make sure you have your wading boots on :).
Completely understandable and although comments can be repetitive. Technology changes and that is what forums are about. At the end of the day I'll be making the final decision but I encourage healthy debates. [emoji2]

Ipad 5th Gen with cellurar and wifi is great for me...battery can stand and last the cold of -4 c...

Interesting so there is limitation on the CS.

It is android based and there are some issues with that. I use the crystalsky on my Mavic pro and my Osmo Pro camera. I prefer the CS to the iphone at all times except for if I want to Live stream anything. Can't do it currently with the CS and the Osmo, Ive never tried on the mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH