DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you TABLET flyers prefer? 8 inch or 10 inch?

alkaye

Reactions
I have a 10" IPAD air 2 and its not very bright and a bit top heavy so looking at getting an 8" Lenovo TAB M8 FHD. I wonder if its worth the $125 investment, Seems an 8" would be easier to handle, but I lose some screen space. Thoughts?

Also...what about non-glare screen protector? Looking for advice as I do not using a suns shade these

I used a 10 inch at first, but found it too bulky and heavy. So I switched to a 7.5 inch. It handled much better in the Tablet holder. Felt a lot better than the 10 inch and still had enough screen space to pick out the details. However, I couldn't find one with a high enough brightness, so I went back to a cell phone. The Iphone 12 max pro has the highest Nits I could find at the time so, i bought that. I should have bought the TRIPLTEK 7inch Tablet. 1200nits. It's so bright, you can see every detail even in the sun at high noon. That tablet may be my next investment. It's price is high, but nothing like the IPHONE. I am financing the iphone through an ATT contract. Now I have 2 cell phones, just waiting to cancel the other phones contract. So, if your going to even consider a new tablet (i prefer 7inch), and,if you want to see it in the sun get the TRIPLTEK. It's the only one of it's kind. It's been tested with all the Autel and DJI drones on the market from what I have been reading and is compatible with all of them.

I’ve been using CS, mini iPad and Samsung A30, depending on what drone I’m using and the task to be completed. I like the mini but have issues with the brightness and ability to handle the heat. I like the CS but can’t load the software that I want. The A30 is great, quick and easy to set up but the screen is a tad small. Tomorrow I take delivery of a tripltek Pro, which hopefully will roll all the features of my tablets and phones into one. Brightness, heat tolerant, all my software, size and convenience into one. I have tried the larger iPad but found it to unwieldy to use effectively even with a lanyard. My thoughts.
Regards

I have a 10" IPAD air 2 and its not very bright and a bit top heavy so looking at getting an 8" Lenovo TAB M8 FHD. I wonder if its worth the $125 investment, Seems an 8" would be easier to handle, but I lose some screen space. Thoughts?

Also...what about non-glare screen protector? Looking for advice as I do not using a suns shade these
That Lenovo doesn't have a compass. I had it and returned it because of that.

Reactions: hiflyer201

You would have to ask my wife.

That Lenovo doesn't have a compass. I had it and returned it because of that.
Not sure I understand the importance of a compass on the tablet. Where can I find that info? I want to be sure what I buy works correctly

I have the Lenovo Tab M8 HD which is just a touch down from the FHD. Compared to your iPad the M8 may be even less bright. The Air 2 has a brightness of rating of 424 nits and the M8 at 350 nits. I need to use a screen shade with my M8.

The compass is not needed to fly, it just gives you the aircraft heading located in the bottom left corner of the screen. Without the compass, that heading doesn’t work, but you can just use the map for the correct heading.

Chris

I have the Lenovo Tab M8 HD which is just a touch down from the FHD. Compared to your iPad the M8 may be even less bright. The Air 2 has a brightness of rating of 424 nits and the M8 at 350 nits. I need to use a screen shade with my M8.

The compass is not needed to fly, it just gives you the aircraft heading located in the bottom left corner of the screen. Without the compass, that heading doesn’t work, but you can just use the map for the correct heading.

Chris
Interesting-- My MA2 landed as I lost sight of it (distarcted). I stopped the RTH, but found it when I looked in the flight records. Could this be prevented with a built in compass?

Interesting-- My MA2 landed as I lost sight of it (distarcted). I stopped the RTH, but found it when I looked in the flight records. Could this be prevented with a built in compass?
No, the built in compass just gives you an indication of the AC heading relative to the home point.

Chris

I do like the size of the M8 tablet, but I bought it as a cheap complement to my primary flying device - my iPhone XR. I wanted a larger screen and I knew the trade offs - no compass, dim screen, mediocre processor. For my current needs and the flight apps I use, it works well as long as I use a screen shade and have the brightness at max.

An 8 inch tablet is a great size but I think you will find the Lenovo Tab M8 FHD a downgrade from your iPad.

Chris

I use the CS for all my drones. Now that I'm adding the Air2s I'm wondering if I should invest in the Tripltek

I have the Lenovo 10 and while it is somewhat bulky, it's far better than my Android phone with a tiny screen. It DOES NOT have great lighting, so in bright sun conditions it can be hard to view what's on the screen. So, I try and find some shade so I have a cleared view.

As for the compass part. Don't remember having it with my phone and so don't really need it. The map function when called out one step can give you same directional - yet if the drone is in line of sight, wouldn't you know which way the drone if facing (flying / videoing / etc.) since you're looking at screen while doing that as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian