DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you use filters for?

Vindibona1, I agree with quite a bit of your post but just wish to point out the reasoning behind my post no5.
I think pointing him in the direction of the information and then letting him discover it for himself will perhaps be of more use to him than 'spoon feeding' him the answers.
I also find that, for me, finding the answers (even if it's only the last step in the process) helps make the information stick more firmly.

Reactions: Tomk_ and Droniac
I think you guys are being too harsh with this kid and fail to try to understand the context of the circumstances. He's 16. His level of grammar and communication skills signal me that he NEEDS constructive adult attention that perhaps he doesn't have available. I'm willing to bet the only parent in the household is just his mom who is probably out working hard to keep a roof over their heads. Be thankful that this kid isn't out gang banging or doing other mischief and is here annoying you with questions that could be answered in kinder, gentler ways.

What I suggest is that if he poses a question that seems "lazy" or "attention seeking" perhaps you might broaden your perspective of what it is and either ignore it, or post a link that he can find the information he's looking for. Sometimes disabilities manifest themselves in different ways. IMO he could use a big brother or two or a little more kindness rather than a kick in the behind. I think in many ways as we interact with each other we could all show a little more charity. JMO
And we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Reactions: Droniac
I think most people around here are happy to help, even eager to help, in most instances. As tlswift already mentioned though, asking the most basic or most common types of questions without searching first points to either laziness or attention-seeking behavior. Especially when searching is far less effort and also less time consuming than making a new thread, typing out a question, and waiting for replies - it doesn't make sense. Also I think people would be more willing to help if it wasn't so frequent. with the same advice being given time and time again.

The searching doesn't even need to be done on this forum, a Google search is much faster if what you're looking for is info on basic photography principles, and then you can go directly to a trusted source rather than having to evaluate the quality of forum replies. A read through the manual and a few YouTube tutorials would go a long way I think.
100%. When I google a question quickly if most often brings me to our forum anyway. Lol. Point taken Godspeed Droniac

Reactions: Barbara
Some of the posters on here have given some good advice. Just like at school, roll up your sleeves and dive in (search feature). Then, start taking those nuggets and ask some questions from what you learned.

I’d also recommend seeing if you have a tech teacher at your school or someone who is a technology user and maybe see about starting some sort of drone club, and then you have an adult/mentor who can help you learn in a structured environment as well.

Keep digging and learning.

Reactions: Droniac
the only parent in the household is just his mom who is probably out working hard to keep a roof over their heads.
Hey there. Uh. How did you guess?..

I found having a filter is better than making the iso thingy lower. thanks guys!

I found having a filter is better than making the iso thingy lower. thanks guys!
That would actually be just the opposite of your statement. The lower your ISO setting the less noise in the resulting image capture. If an image is still too bright at the lowest ISO setting and fastest shutter speed then an ND filter can reduce light even further.

Reactions: Barbara
I use a filter to get the framerate right, and to soften the reflections with a polarizing filter.
But if everyone here instead of criticizing him responded, it would have been of great help to him.
Who wants to show up, who wastes thousands of words condemning or who asks the question without researching? I think both, but especially the endless critics who if they didn't want attention to their egos would just say: search, there's a lot of information there.
A big hug and worth a few searches here, on Google and You Tube. Hugs and good luck!

Kywon! haven't seen your posts in a while. What's up?
Hello high flying plane. I've been taking a break recently. I'm trying to fix my Mavic pro so I have a reason to be here. I missed you.

Hello high flying plane. I've been taking a break recently. I'm trying to fix my Mavic pro so I have a reason to be here. I missed you.
Sorry you have had to fix your drone. I'm ADHD and over the years have learned to force myself to think twice before doing anything. Unfortunately, I crashed my first drone, Phantom 4, attempting a maneuver in close quarters that should have been practiced in wide open space. Using DJI Care a replacement was sent. On my 3rd drone since* and no crashes. This is because every flight I go through 3 checklists. Hardware (visual inspection), software (DJI GO startup checks and home point recorded), and final and most important putting mind into safe flying mode meaning to not risk damage to living things or aircraft.

I realize autism can be more severe than ADHD, but hope the above helps.

* I gift my old perfectly usable drones to friends and relatives.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929