DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Drones have a Simulators program.

Janset

Reactions
Hi All.
Just a small question please,
What models of the DJI drones actually support a simulator program, and secondly, these simulators, how realistic are they, are they a crude simplistic mock up or a thing of beauty (so to speak). .... :)

Cheers all

The DJI Virtual Flight app only supports the Avata and FPV drones. That said, you can use the Avata (and maybe the FPV drone, although I haven't tried it) in Sport or Normal mode in Virtual Flight, which essentially gives you a Mavic-style flying experience. You can use on-screen controls without connecting to any devices, but the physics (and graphics) are not great and flying is much faster and harder to control than a real drone IMO. But in terms of just understanding the controls, maybe it's close enough.

You might be able to find some random apps out there that simulate camera drones, but I'd be skeptical of the quality. The major simulators (Liftoff, Velocidrone, TrypFPV, etc...) are made for FPV simulation, although I guess you could sort of emulate a camera drone in them as well if find one that does Angle mode (TrypFPV does, not sure about the others), but that's pretty far from what it's like to fly a Mavic (or similar camera drones) as it just puts an attitude limiter on a freestyle drone so you can't do flips and spins.

The DJI Virtual Flight app only supports the Avata and FPV drones. That said, you can use the Avata (and maybe the FPV drone, although I haven't tried it) in Sport or Normal mode in Virtual Flight, which essentially gives you a Mavic-style flying experience. You can use on-screen controls without connecting to any devices, but the physics (and graphics) are not great and flying is much faster and harder to control than a real drone IMO. But in terms of just understanding the controls, maybe it's close enough.

You might be able to find some random apps out there that simulate camera drones, but I'd be skeptical of the quality. The major simulators (Liftoff, Velocidrone, TrypFPV, etc...) are made for FPV simulation, although I guess you could sort of emulate a camera drone in them as well if find one that does Angle mode (TrypFPV does, not sure about the others), but that's pretty far from what it's like to fly a Mavic (or similar camera drones) as it just puts an attitude limiter on a freestyle drone so you can't do flips and spins.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
The lack of a simulator program is really a step back in my opinion, better put, unprofessional at best. But them it is only my opinion.

Cheers

If you are going to buy the mini 2 / 3 / 3 pro,

I reccommend the x-heli sim. It's cheap ($80), and looks
and runs great on my Asus tuf a15.

It's a "generic" rc (mostly Heli) with some planes in it.

It only has (afaik) one drone model that doens't look like a mini, but it flies pretty much just like it.

The liftoff sim in "line-of-sight mode" is another alternative. It runs on Steam and is ~$25. The drone(s) in that sim are much harder to fly than the one in heli-x though, which might be good training. A DJI mini will feel super simple after practicing with Liftoff.

I prefer heli-x though, for it's view options, the drone is bigger, and more like a real DJI mini.

The mini's are very docile fliers. You more or less "drive them" more than fly them like a plane or rc heli.

The harderst thing to learn IMO is "non tail in" attitudes when flying the drone. I.E. whenever the drone is not flying directly away from you.

Any simulator will help you with that, in "non-fpv" / 3rd person view.

I've had a mini 3 pro for a couple of weeks and have even flown it (extremely slowly) in my tiny 20x20 condo.

If you let go of the controls it just stops in mid air and hovers exactly in place.

You can't use any of the tracking stuff indoors though as they are based on the gps system.

Reactions: Janset
Thank you for your prompt reply.
The lack of a simulator program is really a step back in my opinion, better put, unprofessional at best. But them it is only my opinion.

Cheers

The free edition is fantastic, but it lacks many great functions. The Enterprise and Energy versions, on the other hand, have a lot more features, but their prices are excessive, especially for the Energy version.

The official website of the DJI Flight Simulator does not show prices for the Enterprise and Energy versions. However, the official DJI store in Madrid, Spain, where I repaired my Mini 2 a few months ago, shows that the Enterprise version has a price tag of 1,600 EUR ($1,753.99), while the Energy version costs 7,449 EUR ($8,166.38).

Hi once again.
I forgot to mention, I already own a Mini 2, (a replacement to the one that flew away but, recovered, and replaced under warranty (Many thanks to DJI). Sadly I now do not have warrant cover any more, the 2 years I had has expired and DJI claim that I can not extend the warranty. I inquired about insurance renewal 10 days before expiry date.

Back to the original predicament. The advice I received from you guys, (sadly, most of it went clear over my head, the abbreviations mostly ).

What I would really like, I think you call FPV (first person viewing). No games required and no viewing (birds eye)of the drone externally . I would like something with reasonable graffix and and a cockpit/windscreen view as if I was flying the drone. Control of the drone I would like to be able to use the hand controller that came with the mini 2 drone and the display I would like to use my PC screen.

I free or cheep cost involvment would be the icing on the cake :)
Am I asking to much?

Cheers guys

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25