DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What exactly

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
What exactly are the procedures to to acquire a commercial license to fly for profitable jobs in order so I can begin legally acquiring the license the proper and right way?

Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer
I believe from your previous posts that you are in the USA, so you'll need to study and then pass the FAA Part 107 exam. Your nearest testing center location and everything else you need to know is located HERE on the FAA web page. When you're done with the process you need to register each of your aircraft (that you intend to use commercially) under Part 107. You can still use them for recreation as well, though.

Reactions: DJI Ferrari
I believe from your previous posts that you are in the USA, so you'll need to study and then pass the FAA Part 107 exam. Your nearest testing center location and everything else you need to know is located HERE on the FAA web page. When you're done with the process you need to register each of your aircraft (that you intend to use commercially) under Part 107. You can still use them for recreation as well, though.
thank you so much.

GOOD LORD! That makes me feel like Its going to take me years to understand and learn all that, lol. Ok, I guess I better start somewhere, but I wonder if I need a HS Deploma or ged for all that because my ability to focus on that level, I couldn't even finish HS because it was too difficult.

GOOD LORD! That makes me feel like Its going to take me years to understand and learn all that, lol. Ok, I guess I better start somewhere, but I wonder if I need a HS Deploma or ged for all that because my ability to focus on that level, I couldn't even finish HS because it was too difficult.

It's not trivial; especially if you are largely unfamiliar with the weather and airspace concepts then it does require significant studying.

It won't be so bad just set a couple hours a day & have someone quiz you on it. I'm a private pilot with a high performance, complex, floatplane & tailwheel ratings & it wasn't hard. Also certified in skydiving & scuba. If you're going to be a pro you need to know. Good Luck!

Thousands of other have managed it, so I believe you can do it too. You passed your driving license test right, so think of that as being able to get things accomplished. Just take it a little at a time and you may be surprised at yourself. As Sars said, it is not trivial, but then again it is not rocket science either.

Reactions: Slim.slamma

There is indeed a lot to learn. The video referenced above is good but you will have to study a lot. I read the FAA’s Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge all 545 pages of it. (Downloadable from the FAA). Even with a private pilot’s certificate and studying I got an 83% or thereabouts. Types of airspace are tricky. Weather isn’t too bad. Airfoils and the like are probably going to be unfamiliar. But you can do it. Just take you time. There are practice tests available online I believe and those can help you by showing what things you need to study more.

I posted this earlier in the wrong thread -
I have a customer who while building his company taught himself everything he needed to be totally self reliant. Photography, videos, writing code for his website, you name it he learned. I was in his office one day while he was working on writing some code and he had 3 books open to chapters all explaining the same thing about what he was currently working on. He said this helped him a lot, if one book was explaining something in a way he didn't understand he would go to a different book that explained the same thing but in a slightly different way. It really works great for those of us with a racing mind.

Good on you for making the 1st step.

Just remember to learn it in small bites and then chew each bite until you know it thoroughly before moving on.

73 yrs old same problem. But if you really study hard you can do it. Just say a little prayer each time before study. I get laught at all the time for my spelling on this form. But I don't care. Hang in you can do it. Took me 28 times to pass my GED.

The bigger question and perhaps the harder one you need to ask yourself is how are you going to score these profitable gigs you mention.

5 years ago not many people had a decent enough drone and the competencies to fly commercial jobs. Now thousands do.

And to fly costs money - you need the right drone (you Mavic Pro might not be quite enough), software (and the ability to use it), a car and fuel, batteries for the drone, a second drone (nothing looks worse to a client than you having to cancel because you don’t have the kit you need and it doesn’t take much to put a drone out of action), a decent computer etc.

Not wishing to wee on your fire, just be realistic about what is actually achievable. I’d love to fly commercially but I fear I have missed the boat unless an opportunity somehow ends my way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicorll