DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What extras to buy?

Backlash

Reactions
Hi guys!

Complete newbie with drones.

I bought the Fly More combo, with the extra batteries etc.

What else do I need to buy in order to fly safely and properly?

I intend to buy litchi and filters for the Mavic!

Thank you!

The Fly More package comes packed with all the basics that you'll need. Outside of the few accessories DJI currently offers, there aren't any 3rd party accessories available yet. I know some companies are working on filters, cases, etc. We should see more details on those new offerings as the Mavic gets rolled out to the first lucky customers.

hi, the combo comes with x2 batteries and a hub to charge 4 so I would always suggest another couple to fill that hub. seems a shame to leave slots empty.

also I'd suggest a few new blades for the newbie clips while in practicing, even with the avoidance active.

finally I'd always advise you stick the legal guidelines set down in your area, line of sight and ceiling to fly... unless you want legal action or to lose the little bird.

I believe the pack comes with a set of blades as well! What I don't know is, does it come with cables to charge all the batteries or do I need to buy anything else to charge the 3 bateries at the same time?

The Fly More package comes packed with all the basics that you'll need. Outside of the few accessories DJI currently offers, there aren't any 3rd party accessories available yet. I know some companies are working on filters, cases, etc. We should see more details on those new offerings as the Mavic gets rolled out to the first lucky customers.

What kind of cases, like skins for the drone?

I believe the pack comes with a set of blades as well! What I don't know is, does it come with cables to charge all the batteries or do I need to buy anything else to charge the 3 bateries at the same time?
Here's what the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo includes:
Unless you're using a mobile device that requires a Type-C cable, all of the needed cables come with the Mavic. The battery charging hub can charge up to four batteries, but they will charge one by one.

Last edited:
The hub charges 4 batteries at once, swapping between once charged.

You can never have to many props :p

So your advices is just buy litchi and the filters when available and I don't need anything else?

So your advices is just buy litchi and the filters when available and I don't need anything else?
You'll have enough to play for an hour... So just stay safe.

Dont buy any app yet. None are saying they support Mavic. I sent emails to Litchi and Autopilot and both responded with "An update is in the works, but no ETA."

For the US (an on iOS) it is a good idea to get the following apps, however: Hover and (FAA Official) B4UFly. The 2nd goes by the strictest regulations, but a very good source of information. Hover is easier to navigate.

I do plan on purchasing 1 more battery. When ND filters are available, I will get a set of 6. Because, required for cinematic shutter speeds. No other way to get 1/50 at 100iso with a 24fps.

Reactions: Backlash
Hi guys!
Complete newbie with drones.
I bought the Fly More combo, with the extra batteries etc.
What else do I need to buy in order to fly safely and properly?
I intend to buy litchi and filters for the Mavic!
Thank you!
Before you buy anything else I would recommend getting some flight time under your belt using the DJI Go app. When you have some experience and want to get into some more advanced flying then start looking at Litchi or AutoPilot. The reason I say wait is if you are new to this hobby then learn to walk before you run, and you may find out that it is not for you. After some time if it is for you then you can open the wallet and spend, spend, spend!

Reactions: Backlash
Dont buy any app yet. None are saying they support Mavic. I sent emails to Litchi and Autopilot and both responded with "An update is in the works, but no ETA."

For the US (an on iOS) it is a good idea to get the following apps, however: Hover and (FAA Official) B4UFly. The 2nd goes by the strictest regulations, but a very good source of information. Hover is easier to navigate.

I do plan on purchasing 1 more battery. When ND filters are available, I will get a set of 6. Because, required for cinematic shutter speeds. No other way to get 1/50 at 100iso with a 24fps.
Where do you believe you'll get the filters from, Dji or a third party? I saw PolarProFilters announced a set of 6 for $149 which seems a bit excessive for me!

I picked up a gimbal cover - I couldn't tell if that was included in the Fly-More Package, plus one more battery so that I have 4. I also bought a 64GB card.

Going to use a more fashionably DSLR bag to carry it all though.

Last edited:
Gimbal cover and brace are included with the drone itself, but not a bad idea to have a spare. I can see leaving that behind when making a hasty exit.

I also have 2 64GB MicroSD cards as well, just for the Mavic.

I also have a lens bag from my Canon 70-200 L that may fit the Drone and Remote that will attach to my belt or another bag. I am going to see how that works once I get the thing.

The hub charges 4 batteries at once, swapping between once charged.

You can never have to many props :p
It holds 4 batteries, but actually charges them one at a time, starting with the most charged. It's somewhere in the manual. Not sure if that's what you meant, just wanted to clarify for OP.

Reactions: MPPilot
It holds 4 batteries, but actually charges them one at a time, starting with the most charged. It's somewhere in the manual. Not sure if that's what you meant, just wanted to clarify for OP.

Yes, I understand how it works.

Reactions: UAV Man
DON'T USE it in the bath!!

I got 2 Extra batteries so far.
I will either buy another battery charger when they come out (I don't see it for sale anywhere) or wait for the 100W charger that's supposingly coming out soon.
(In the box charger is only 50w and even if buying the hub, will still charge very slow.So charging 2 batts with 2 chargers will be 2x faster..)
On the same note, I am looking at either buying or DIY drone parachutes if feasible.. (I'm not planning on extreme sports with my Mavic...)

I got 2 Extra batteries so far.
I will either buy another battery charger when they come out (I don't see it for sale anywhere) or wait for the 100W charger that's supposingly coming out soon.
(In the box charger is only 50w and even if buying the hub, will still charge very slow.So charging 2 batts with 2 chargers will be 2x faster..)
On the same note, I am looking at either buying or DIY drone parachutes if feasible.. (I'm not planning on extreme sports with my Mavic...)
Quick charging all the time I guess can't be good thought? Someone will explain.......

As for parachutes, I dabbled with this on inspire using some arduino stuff and accelerators, gyroscopes and barometric...result inconclusive...other than false activation's that risk it all going wrong.. let us know is you get anything... worth a kickstarter campaign :)

Quick charging all the time I guess can't be good thought?
It should be fine. People have been charging Phantom 3/4 batteries with 100W battery chargers for some time now.

Reactions: UAV Man
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme