DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What extras to buy?

There is apparently going to be an "Advanced Hub" that will work with the Phantom 100w charger. I might be looking into getting one of those and a Phantom charger. I cannot remember where I saw it mentioned, I think it was one of the DJI Mavic groups on FaceBook.

There is apparently going to be an "Advanced Hub" that will work with the Phantom 100w charger.
That's correct. I saw it mentioned on RC Groups by a few DJI employees.

It holds 4 batteries, but actually charges them one at a time, starting with the most charged. It's somewhere in the manual. Not sure if that's what you meant, just wanted to clarify for OP.
Thanks. I was not aware of that. Good to know.

It should be fine. People have been charging Phantom 3/4 batteries with 100W battery chargers for some time now.
This does not mean it will always be fine with smaller mavic batteries. Larger batteries can take more current than a smaller battery.
I will be getting the 100W charger but only using it when I really need it charged fast.

Larger batteries can take more current than a smaller battery.
Per the Mavic battery specs, they can be charged at either 50W or 100W. DJI usually does not recommend dangerous battery practices, so I can only assume they are giving us solid advice.

Per the Mavic battery specs, they can be charged at either 50W or 100W. DJI usually does not recommend dangerous battery practices, so I can only assume they are giving us solid advice.
I'm not saying it is not safe I'm just saying it is not always good for the battery to charge them fast.

Got it. Fortunately, DJI is giving us both options here ;)

I'm not saying it is not safe I'm just saying it is not always good for the battery to charge them fast.

There is a difference, however, between charging them faster and doing a "quick-charge." Considering DJI does not recommend NOT using the 100W on the Mavic batteries, it is safe to assume the Mavic batteries (they are intelligent, remember) are just as safe as the Phantoms on the 100W charger.

Just dont go outside the recommendations.

Besides, DJI has an "Advanced Dock" for the Mavic batteries that uses the 100W charger.

Landing pad will come in handy for grass Sand etc...

Plus it takes a photo of ground for RTH and this will help it “recognize / find” the exact spot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S