DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What features would we want in a Mavic 2.0?

I have no issues so far.

Just wished it had side and rear eyes or sonar.... something. I almost ate it flying backwards filming my dogs the other day. It makes sense to add a rear sensor as recording while flying backwards yields some amazing shots.

An optional cargo/payload release clasp/claw. I want to go offshore fishing and use my Mavic to take the line well off shore. Release is always the issue. Plenty of current YouTube videos of folks doing it with Phantoms and homemade skid hooks but I want the claw to snap underneath, plug in to the micro USB on the Mav and accept a release command from the app.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
You are now on a watch list ;-)

Reactions: klangford
Improved camera (better sensor) that produces more usable 60fps, 96fps and even 120fps footage. 360-degree obstacle detection. A way to manually switch to ATTI mode. And no more beeping from the remote when the battery gets low and during RTH.

Otherwise, I love the thing.

This thread hasn't been touched in a few months, but I thought I'd add my two cents. I don't know if DJI has announced any plans for a next gen Mavic, but for me now having flown my MPP for a bit over 6 months, there really is only one feature that would drive me to buy a replacement:
A 3D Gimbal - one that allows horizontal panning

Other features, prioritized, that I'd LIKE to have:
Zooming would come in second
360 Obstacle Avoidance third

But only the Horizontal panning would make me WANT without question. Having to adjust my line of flight because I want to pan the head horizontally is a drag. Particularly since I can fly with head tracking for the gimbal.

- Gary

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu