DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happened to the aircraft map?

SteveMouzon

Reactions
I've had a Mavic 3 for about a year and just got an RC Pro controller, so I don't know if that's the culprit or the latest firmware update. In any case, up until very recently, anytime there was a manned aircraft in the area and I'd get the audible warning, a small map would pop up on my iPhone showing direction and distance of the aircraft. I got several warnings yesterday and today (apparently a lot of air traffic) but the map didn't pop up. There's a map icon in the lower left corner of the display screen, but when I tapped it, it enlarged but went completely white. I tapped each of the four buttons in the corner, but nothing made the map appear that showed the nearby aircraft. Any idea how to call it up, or can I set it to pop up automatically like it used to?

With the RC Pro controller there is no default internet connection to download local maps since the controller isn't using your phone and doesn't have a cellular modem of its own. If you can link your RC Pro controller via wifi the maps will get downloaded.

You can link the controller up to WiFi at your home and then scroll around on the maps once your home area is downloaded. It will automatically populate the map data base as you scroll around to areas where you might be flying.

Reactions: Brian I
Under the Settings/Safety/Advanced tab, make sure ADSB is turned on. Make sure you have GPS lock on the RC Pro. As AlanL stated, make sure you have data available. With the map showing, tap the airplane icon on the right. Then choose the warning level you desire.

Reactions: Brian I
With the RC Pro controller there is no default internet connection to download local maps since the controller isn't using your phone and doesn't have a cellular modem of its own. If you can link your RC Pro controller via wifi the maps will get downloaded.

You can link the controller up to WiFi at your home and then scroll around on the maps once your home area is downloaded. It will automatically populate the map data base as you scroll around to areas where you might be flying.
Just hot spot the RC Pro to your phone, like you would on a wifi only iPad. One also needs to disable the Altitude map layer, which hides all other layers unless you are 50km away from all airports.