DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what happens if you forget to remove the camera protector?

I think almost everyone has done that at least once. I certainly have. I've never heard of any damage as a result.

Consider attaching a "Remove before flight" ribbon on the gimbal cover as a reminder. Try some Christmas ribbon and glue, rubber band, tape, or whatever.

I think almost everyone has done that at least once. I certainly have. I've never heard of any damage as a result.

Consider attaching a "Remove before flight" ribbon on the gimbal cover as a reminder. Try some Christmas ribbon and glue, rubber band, tape, or whatever.
That's a great idea - I hadn't thought of that. Thumbswayup

What damage could occur
Usually none as the drone is able to detect the gimbal lock is installed. However, you should ensure it's removed before powering on the drone to prevent any possible damage.

Reactions: mereflyer
Happened to me a few times (slow learner, I guess). I finally put a strip of bright orange tape over the cover. Not only does it call attention to the cover but even if I didn't realize it's still on, if I were to start the drone with the tape on the cover, my IPad camera view screen would be all black which which would REALLY gets my attention.

I have done the same thing a few times, no damage thank goodness.
Regards

Where can you find those? I'm truly surprised that I haven't come across them, actually.

Happened to me a few times (slow learner, I guess). I finally put a strip of bright orange tape over the cover. Not only does it call attention to the cover but even if I didn't realize it's still on, if I were to start the drone with the tape on the cover, my IPad camera view screen would be all black which which would REALLY gets my attention.
Perhaps a bit late when the drone is powered up. My MA2 does a very dainty series of wiggles before settling into its forward facing position by which time, if encased in the guard, no good will have been done. Having said that I have left the guard on a couple of times and if, as said above, the drone can sense the guard is on then I am relieved. I have a sticker on the top of the drone which so far has worked.

My wife hot glued a red ribbon, about 6" long, to the cover.
Since then, I haven't forgotten to remove it. Before that, I forgot often. No damage occurred.

Had this happen with my Mavic Pro. I had left the camera cover on... gimbal and ribbon cable were damaged on startup sequence (removed after that, when I realized...🙄). Had new gimbal and ribbon cable installed. YES... it can happen!

• Wow
Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa