DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What has been the previous timeline from a new drone announcement by DJI to drone deliveries ?

Tree_Top_Flyer

Reactions
I am a new drone owner and I am wondering about the experience of the members that have been using DJI drones for awhile.

I see some members suggesting to wait for the Mavic 2 and others recommending to buy the current Mavic models.

What has been the previous timeline from a new drone announcement by DJI to widespread drone deliveries to drone users?

3-4 months before initially supply. 6 months before generally you can buy one anywhere without waiting.
For MP and platinum anyway.

What has been the previous timeline from a new drone announcement by DJI to widespread drone deliveries to drone users?
If you order the drone directly from DJI the day it's announced, you'll likely get it quicker. Here are the dates for the last two drones I ordered from DJI:

P4P V2
Ordered: 1/23/18
Received: 1/31/18

Mavic Air
Ordered: 5/8/18
Received: 5/14/18

It depends. They had real problems rolling out the MPP. I originally ordered one on the first day, only to have my order delayed for an undetermined period the day it was supposed to ship. I ended up canceling the order. It was a couple months later before I was able to finally get one.

DJI did much better with the Mavic Air - people were getting their drones within a week of the announcement.

Don’t even bother ordering from an authorised dealer for the first 6 months. Even ordering direct from DJI won’t get you a drone next day for a while.

Im guessing realistically as with the MP, people might stand a fair chance of getting it for christmas.

Unless the cancellation rumour due to production was true. Possibly they learnt the lesson from MP and MPP and are busy trying to get a set number of units ready to go before its announced and the stampede starts.
They did better with the Air but it was a lot less popular than the MP (MP was first of its kind really, a good quality, portable drone).

Don’t even bother ordering from an authorised dealer for the first 6 months.
A few years ago, pre-ordering from an authorized DJI dealer was the fastest way to get new drones. DJI used to send stock out to the dealers before shipping those that were purchased from the DJI Store. They no longer seem to do that though. The DJI Store has been the fastest way to get the first available stock for the past 4 or so drone releases.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000