DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is a valid DJI Account?

mtp1032

Reactions
I live in close proximity to Missoula Airport in a restricted airspace. To fly my Mavic Pro in this airspace evidently requires a "valid DJI Account". I am in the process of applying for an exception and am informed that that could take up to 90 days for approval. So, I'm find with that. But, what constitutes a "valid DJI account" and who validates my account?

Yes, my drone has been properly registered with the FAA.

Thanks, in advance

But, what constitutes a "valid DJI account" and who validates my account?
From DJI:

Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a credit card, debit card, or mobile phone number. DJI does not collect nor store this information, which is verified by a third party service, and verification is free. A verified account is required only if attempting to fly in an Authorization Zone.

Source: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

I live in close proximity to Missoula Airport in a restricted airspace. To fly my Mavic Pro in this airspace evidently requires a "valid DJI Account". I am in the process of applying for an exception and am informed that that could take up to 90 days for approval. So, I'm find with that. But, what constitutes a "valid DJI account" and who validates my account?

Yes, my drone has been properly registered with the FAA.

Thanks, in advance
What is an exception? If you mean an authorization on dronezone I've never had it take more that 3 days, unless the FAA had more question in which case they will email you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_