DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is everyone's thoughts/ theories on longevity of the Mavic Pro?

How did you determine the battery health? i.e 85% of original capacity?
I choose not to use the Go 4 app to upload my flight records to DJI, or even AirData. I wrote my own flight record analysis software using Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic. Besides tracking all flight statistics, a primary goal is to closely track the health of my batteries, and predict (if possible) when I should stop using them.

I use my own algorithm which uses the ratio of the current capacity reported in the flight records to the original maximum measured capacity of the battery when new (not the design capacity) as a function of total energy throughput in watt-hours. Here's some example analysis. This my worst battery. At roughly 600 watt-hours, I had a big drop in capacity and a steady decline since. I use this battery for charging and powering my RC amplifiers.

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 6.52.04 PM.png

I choose not to use the Go 4 app to upload my flight records to DJI, or even AirData. I wrote my own flight record analysis software using Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic. Besides tracking all flight statistics, a primary goal is to closely track the health of my batteries, and predict (if possible) when I should stop using them.

I use my own algorithm which uses the ratio of the current capacity reported in the flight records to the original maximum measured capacity of the battery when new (not the design capacity) as a function of total energy throughput in watt-hours. Here's some example analysis. This my worst battery. At roughly 600 watt-hours, I had a big drop in capacity and a steady decline since. I use this battery for charging and powering my RC amplifiers.

Wow! And here I was thinking I missed it in the GO4 battery menu! That's very impressive though. I bought a used Mavic Pro last month with a battery from 2017/11 which seems ok (had only 25 charges). Recently bought 2 new ones from DJI manufactured in 2019/11. Hopefully I'm good for a couple of years at least.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Wow! And here I was thinking I missed it in the GO4 battery menu! That's very impressive though. I bought a used Mavic Pro last month with a battery from 2017/11 which seems ok (had only 25 charges). Recently bought 2 new ones from DJI manufactured in 2019/11. Hopefully I'm good for a couple of years at least.
Yes... The other thing besides tons of data, I simple inspect the batteries after each charge for any signs of puffing.

Reactions: GarthH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll