DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is FCC mode and is it illegal? If it is, what are the chances/ways you can be caught?

Helixable

Reactions
Idk what FCC mode is. Please explain.

FCC regulations are an American thing, you are in America you already have FCC mode enabled.

In the rest of the world we run a cripped power version called CE its like 1/10 the power for the RC.

Reactions: mnis
FCC regulations are an American thing, you are in America you already have FCC mode enabled.

In the rest of the world we run a cripped power version called CE its like 1/10 the power for the RC.
Whoa.

FCC=Federal Communications Commission, the government agency that, among other things, regulates radio transmitter power.

FCC=Federal Communications Commission, the government agency that, among other things, regulates radio transmitter power.
I kewn that. That's not what I asked.

"chance/ways you can be caught": in my opinion, very little for that point. There are many reasons you could be caught "before": not respecting VLOS, over altitude, restricted areas, flying over people, traffic, private places,...

Are you saying that in FCC mode the RC will only use 1/10th the battery power compared to if it were in normal mode? I am still confused.

Are you saying that in FCC mode the RC will only use 1/10th the battery power compared to if it were in normal mode? I am still confused.
No I dont think I said that.

The FCC regulate how much power the RC can use, and when you are in a FCC country it uses full power. The rest/most of the world use CE regulations which is WAY less power.

No I dont think I said that.

The FCC regulate how much power the RC can use, and when you are in a FCC country it uses full power. The rest/most of the world use CE regulations which is WAY less power.
Ahhh, thanks, so it is the output power of the signal, as in to and from the aircraft.

He's not referring to battery power he's referring to transmitter or radio signal power I believe.
it is the radiated power the amount of signal the TX emits that is why we in the UK and other countries cannot get the same range from our Mavics i think its probably to prevent cross band signal issues in the allotted radio bands used here

Hi guys im trying to FCC friends Spark. Worked fine on my air. One start up suppose to ask Ok or cancel but spark just gives me this messageScreenshot_20190305_160744_dji.go.v4.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3