DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is real life range of Mavic 2 pro

Craig Notts

Reactions
Hi everyone
I am from the UK so would have to be CE version
I have a mavic Mini at the moment and I am Now wanting to add a Mavic 2. What is the realistic range it should acheive . Does it perform better in rural areas like the mini .lastly does the FCC hack work and make much difference on these . Any info greatly appreciated

As stated above depending on where you’re flying. If you are in a open area you can go for miles. Even in town it has great range.

it also depends on your location as well as your surroundings ,and there is no set in stone distance,the quoted range is in perfect conditions,there are too many variables to give a precise answer,and giving silly comments to another poster is not the done thing either

In my personal experience range differs depending are you flying in the city or in open rural spaces. In crowded city, range can max out already at 500m while in open spaces I was able to reach 4.000m distance combined with 500m height.

Reactions: Craig Notts
So, in respect to the "real life" aspect of the question, and all of the responses that indicate that the range is variable due to conditions, the answer is probably "usually something less than what DJI specifies as max range".

Hi everyone
I have a mavic Mini at the moment and I am Now wanting to add a Mavic 2. What is the realistic range it should acheive . Does it perform better in rural areas like the mini .lastly does the FCC hack work and make much difference on these . Any info greatly appreciated
I have never tried to fly farther than 10,000 feet and the signal was great! I have a belief that range can vary from one Mavic 2 Pro to another.

Hi everyone
I went from an Anafi to a MP1 and it seems almost military compared to the Parrot though did manage to get 1.5mile out of it, but anywhere near built up areas it was terrible. I assume Air, mini etc would be pretty similar. The MP1 is a completely different beast which swats interference and also managed 3.3mile (UK) from her. Looking to upgrade to MP2 or MP3, think MP2 doesn't go much further than MP1.

Range ~ same per the following logic which assumes FCC limits on power for all cases

Ocusynce-1 = Ocusync2 @ 2.4GHz

Ocusync2 @ 5.8Ghz < Ocusync2 @ 2.4Ghz, range in open space

No?

I went from an Anafi to a MP1 and it seems almost military compared to the Parrot though did manage to get 1.5mile out of it, but anywhere near built up areas it was terrible. I assume Air, mini etc would be pretty similar. The MP1 is a completely different beast which swats interference and also managed 3.3mile (UK) from her. Looking to upgrade to MP2 or MP3, think MP2 doesn't go much further than MP1.

Range ~ same per the following logic which assumes FCC limits on power for all cases

Ocusynce-1 = Ocusync2 @ 2.4GHz

Ocusync2 @ 5.8Ghz < Ocusync2 @ 2.4Ghz, range in open space

No?
Ocusync 2 set to Auto on the M2 gets the best range of 5 miles with clear LOS.
Ocusync 1 set to 5.8 Ghz on the P4P gets 4.3 miles with clear LOS.
Both advertised range specs actually live up to their numbers.
Lightbridge on the P3P was good to its rated 3 miles.
Lightbridge on the P4 was the biggest disappointment with the stock RC, at less than 1.5 miles! Fortunately, all P3P RC's were compatible with the P4 for 3+ mile range.

I flew mine 3 km's out over the ocean to a light house for a shot. I kept a close eye on the Remote signal and I had full strength the entire time. One or two times it lost one bar for just a second or two. It was February out west on the coast. Perfect calm day. and not a boat or a person anywhere to worry about... Honestly though, it was cool to do once, but way to nerve wrecking that you could end up loosing your drone if anything went wrong at all.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Hi everyone

My range record in the desert (FCC) is 9km out which equals 5.6 miles.
I still had a good signal but had to turn around due to battery which was at 59%.
I landed with 7% battery.

Screen01.jpg

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13