DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the BEST range extender right now for Mavic Zoom?

Stringfellow-Hawke

Reactions
I was looking at some aftermarket remote control range extenders for my Mavic 2 Zoom but want to know who uses them & how effective they are... I got my eyes on the Alientech range booster right now & want to see what results other Mavic pilots are getting? Or is there a different product? I keep hearing about a powered pro version but I can't find out where to order it.. Anyone here knowledgeable in the range boosters?

I would be skeptical of this or any product. Look at the elevations when they went 11K distance[ 500 meters up(1600feet)] and 6K distance [300 meter up(1000feet)]. Any DJI 2 Pro drone will go that far with unobstructed vision at those heights. I would not want to be on a plane coming into that city with drones at those heights!! I have had my M2Z and M2P to 10-11K feet at much lower altitudes, keeping in mind we should not be above 400 feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Shamrok
I wouldn't go with Alientech

I'm using Titan amplified antenna's , the t-lock is great for swapping out panels

Last edited:
Reactions: E90RAW
I was looking at some aftermarket remote control range extenders for my Mavic 2 Zoom but want to know who uses them & how effective they are... I got my eyes on the Alientech range booster right now & want to see what results other Mavic pilots are getting? Or is there a different product? I keep hearing about a powered pro version but I can't find out where to order it.. Anyone here knowledgeable in the range boosters?
To be honest, I don’t see the point of installing any amplifier, since the Mavic 2 has a sufficient signal for long-distance flights, for example 9 km or more, only the battery would be enough. Here, if you have a control panel marked 1B, then the signal is much weaker than in the remote control 1A. I myself installed Signal-Boost using NLD and my signal increased by 30% which is quite enough to fly out of the car for 8 km

VLOS
like it or not, it’s the future of drone operations.

Reactions: E90RAW
Not that I have felt was needed on the M2s, had one on my MPP... a little help .....
but the Alientech, like all antenna boosters and amps does part of it’s magic by focusing the control signal into a relatively narrow beam. So attention to pointing it at the drone is critical.
Here’s a link to start you out if you pursue...

I wouldn't go with Alientech

I'm using Titan amplified antenna's , the t-lock is great for swapping out panels

gonna try this! thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078