DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best tablet to use with DJI Air 2s?

I got the Samsung A7 lite because it was extremely highly rated for it.
Just for general flight use it works fine. But try and screen record or live stream and it's dang awful, tablet is so slow and juddery, wish I didn't waste £120 on it. Only got 3 gig of ram which is pretty naff compared to 12gig in my phone but screen size to dang small

And the nice thing about the Active3 ... it's waterproof, won't blank out in the cold, and the screen is reactive to touch quite precisely even with water droplets on it.

Used it again tonight in such a condition and the only prompt that came up was that the tablet automatically stops charging from the RC-N1 due to temperature "Charging stopped due to cold temperature", but the data connection keeps going.
What mount/holder do you use? My Active 3 showed up the other day and I'm liking it a lot except now see I need a better mount, just have one of those cheap clip-on types. I'm leaning towards the Mavmount Scout. Screenshot_20221217_182904_Chrome.jpg

Using the same one , its a good one.
I took the exterior hard case off my Active3 and use the mount landscape wise across the tablet (ie: it's not squeezing on what would have been the pen in the holder). Otherwise if I try to use the mount across the short side, I'd need the external case just to have enough width for tension, but I would need to carefully line up the edges as not to long press the power button.

IPad Mini 5 using my iPhone to broadcast wifi. Works great.

It doesn't have the power or ram to do that simultaneously on top of everything else as expected for a budget tablet. That's also not the majority of target users there either.
True. Just a shame for me as I always screen recorded on the phone (just in case I never see the drone again and get my final flight recording) but that has 12gig of ram so it's much better.

I use the iPad mini 6 which gets to 520 nits I believe, and if the sun is too bright I use the sunshade and I have no issues. I will also pull out my iPhone 14 Pro Max which will get to 2000 nits in the sun. I have also used my iPad Pro 12.9" Fifth Generation with the M1 and that gets to 1600 nits.

I use my iPad Pro with an inexpensive adapter bracket. It works great and the larger screen is very nice!

I use the iPad mini 6 which gets to 520 nits I believe, and if the sun is too bright I use the sunshade and I have no issues. I will also pull out my iPhone 14 Pro Max which will get to 2000 nits in the sun. I have also used my iPad Pro 12.9" Fifth Generation with the M1 and that gets to 1600 nits.
On the iphone 14 pro max ,and the ipad those figures are for peak brightness and not sustained.
When both of those displays on the iphone & on the ipad heat up in the bright sunlight they will both dim.
To almost dark as the internal components heat up. Both are not designed to sustain that type of nit value.

On the iphone 14 pro max ,and the ipad those figures are for peak brightness and not sustained.
When both of those displays on the iphone & on the ipad heat up in the bright sunlight they will both dim.
To almost dark as the internal components heat up. Both are not designed to sustain that type of nit value.
They will sustain that value until it no longer needs to be at brightness. It isn't always at that brightness no, only when it is needed.

They will sustain that value until it no longer needs to be at brightness. It isn't always at that brightness no, only when it is needed.
Kinda what I mentioned above,I know I used to fly with my iphone.not anymore.
I use a tablet that sustains its brightness level regardless of conditions.

Reactions: Tufargon
Kinda what I mentioned above,I know I used to fly with my iphone.not anymore.
I use a tablet that sustains its brightness level regardless of conditions.
What do you use for a tablet?

Last edited:
Whsat do you use for a tablet?
I use a Tripltek 7 pro android based tablet 1200nit sustained.
But they stopped making the 7' version,and now have The
Tripltek 8" and a new 9" model.Great tablet, no issues at all.
Only minor problem is it is kinda on the thick side and heavy.

I want to get a tablet to use with my Air 2S, my P6 is too small, and not bright enough. Questions:

* Do I need cell connectivity? Or is wi-fi enough?

* Assuming wi-fi is enough, what happens if as I walk around, I lose my wi-fi connection?

* Even if cell/LTE isn't necessary, does it offer any advantages to have it? I can add a cell tablet for $10/month on Verizon.

As many of you have done, I'm looking into the Tripltek.

Thanks for putting up with my newbie questions!

I use the iPad mini 6 just because I have one. If I were to use a dedicated tablet for my drone, it would be the tripltek 8"

I want to get a tablet to use with my Air 2S, my P6 is too small, and not bright enough. Questions:

* Do I need cell connectivity? Or is wi-fi enough?

* Assuming wi-fi is enough, what happens if as I walk around, I lose my wi-fi connection?

* Even if cell/LTE isn't necessary, does it offer any advantages to have it? I can add a cell tablet for $10/month on Verizon.

As many of you have done, I'm looking into the Tripltek.

Thanks for putting up with my newbie questions!
WIFI is enough, you can always use your phone Hotspot. You do not need WIFI connected to fly in fact it is better to turn off the WIFI before you take off. The advantage of cellular is you do not need to worry about downloading the map information, you can always share your photo videos directly on internet or live feed while flying to youtube or instagram account

Reactions: astrohip
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11