DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best tablet to use with DJI Air 2s?

iPad Air 4 works as well

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 lite 8.7 or 10 Inch, Huawei MediaPad M5 8 or 10 inch...must be equipped with compass chip
I'm currently using a iPad mini 8" screen and it works fine except when I am in direct sun light it gets too hot and shuts down and then I can't fly much until it cools off. I have to use my iPhone as a back up. I need the bigger screen to see. I bought a new ONN Surf tablet from Walmart on sale for $79 but never could get the "DJI Fly" app to load on it. DJI told me they don't support it so I returned it. I know there some great tablets out there but I don't want to spend more than I paid for the the Drone. I'm thinking a something great used for under $200 or some new for under $200. I'm afraid if I get another iPad it too will get hot. I'm looking for around a 10" screen. Any suggestions?

the a7 could get over heated in the bright sun and quit on you.
my i pad mini 5 did just that .
My iPad mini 4 gets hot too in the sun and shuts down, I'm looking for a new tablet. Already bought a ONN Surf Tabley and it wasn't compatible with the DJI Fly app. Still looking for something with a 10" screen.

The best tablet is the one that works best for you. If you get can away with 500-600 nits great. If you live where it's bright sunshine most of the day that's not enough. I used my friend's new iPad mini 6 recently to test here in AZ and I couldn't see anything even with a shroud. I've giving Dji a few months to release the Smart Controller v2 or I'll go with a Tripletek 8" pro..for now my 12 Pro Max works fine.

If there Rc Pro controller worked with the Air2 S and upcoming drones I'd be very tempted.

I've been using my iPad Pro's (2020) but they start to overheat rather fast after the last update. a few of my friends have the TripleTek Pro 8' and I would agree that its the best for it's brightness and battery life.

I just picked up an Air 2s. I already have a Samsung Tab S7 Plus. I just ordered a mount for it and wanted going to see if it will work well. If not, it'll be back to my Note 10 plus.

The biggest concern is to make sure the processor is a 64bit 8x ARM CPU architecture. It's what makes certain tablets not compatible with the DJI Fly app. The other equation is memory. What else are you going to be doing with it? For example, if you are going to be streaming, running QGroundControl, or Rosetta Drone, I would prefer to have more RAM. I went with the Lenovo Tab 4 8".

Last edited:
I just picked up an Air 2s. I already have a Samsung Tab S7 Plus. I just ordered a mount for it and wanted going to see if it will work well. If not, it'll be back to my Note 10 plus.
You should be just fine with that tablet.

Reactions: Loonie01
Does the DJI app work better on android or iOS or one is not better than the other?

Can't get tablet to recognize air 2s, called dji and they said NO tablet is supportive???
Tripltek tablets,any of their models are good.I use the 7" pro version,android based to fly my Air 2.
fly app.Have used this tablet for over a half year now,and no problems at all.I would fully recommend it.
Great in bright sunlight with the 1200 nit brightness that does not go dim.Yes it is a little on the costly side.
And also not on the supportive list.Did my research before I chose this one,based on other pilots using it.

Can't get tablet to recognize air 2s, called dji and they said NO tablet is supportive???
That sounds like a communication problem. Are you sure they didn't say that "your tablet" is not supported? Because there are lots of tablets that work with the Fly app.

I'm a little late for the party here. I have a Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5". As far as "working" goes, it "works" absolutely great. BUT...at 450 nits or so I find that just isn't enough brightness. That said, if 450 isn't enough, no way anyone will be pleased with anything less than that. I'm not sure what the minimum required might be, but I'm sure it's likely north of 750.
It's fine with cloud cover, but any sunshine it's no beuno.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e