DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best tablet to use with DJI Air 2s?

Ditto on the Tripltek 8. Don’t discount the weight however. They are thrice that of a standard pad, and twice the price. Tough and waterproof. Mikie likes it. 1200 nits is luxurious.
>>Don't discount the weight.

LOL, I can relate to that, just got my replacement phone, a S22Ultra Phablet. If I drop that puppy in my pockets without a belt on it takes my shorts down.

Wanted to chime in on what I've used so far (and I have a few relatives that are kind of tablet-crazy that I can ask to try out).

Also I'm using this to hold them (Been using it for even the phone as I like the way it's secured) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095Y9F751/ also not using any kind of hood/shade which I should probably look into.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" (2019 I think), flashed with Lineage 19.1 (Android 12)
It's barely bright enough to see out in the full sun yesterday, but did ok with a little shade despite a little bit of screen glare, it feels a little underpowered with some of the apps. I had it connected to my phone via a wifi hotspot to be able to get things like authorization/mapping/etc. DJI flew and worked, and could do a panoramic, but there was some slight delay in accessing functions/menu. Litchi at one point froze for a few seconds and could not get the app closed to reopen (I can probably fault this more on a custom rom than the tablet, and will retest after I flash back the official samsung image). The 10.4" size seems to be that ideal middle ground, large but not too large, and the tablet itself is reasonably light/thin, but feels a little underpowered even if it meets the 3GB ram minimum.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ (128GB model with 6GB ram) 12.4" (latest official stock rom)
Definitely a large screen and had no problem with responsiveness, bordered on being a bit heavy to use, but thinness was not an issue. However in my brief usage of it found it to be not quite as bright to be usable in direct sunlight.

Compared to both of those, a Samsung S22 phone was much brighter (Brighter than my A71 which is brighter than both tablets at max), much more responsive without any glitching in either app.

Had I known about Tripletek before I got the S7+ I would have probably gone that route purely on brightness, but at the time I got the S7+ I was using a little DJI Mini and wasn't thinking about going overkill on a tablet setup (I didn't get the S7+ for the purpose of the drone).

TLDR : Tab A7 (10.4" 2019, 3GB Ram) is usable on a lower price point, and can be flashed with a leaner custom rom, but may be a little under powered if you're switching apps. A7+ (12.4" 128GB/6GB) definitely large and powerful enough, but lacks brightness in sun. The S22 (8GB ram) and A71 (6GB ram) phones do better on brightness than the either two tabs, the S22 performs software wise better than all of the above, the A71 did better performance wise than the A7 tablet.

Trpltek 8 is the Cadillac of drone screens (opinion); big, heavy, and luxurious. Cost more than my drone, but I’m happy to have it. The weight hasn’t bothered me so far.

Trpltek 8 is the Cadillac of drone screens (opinion); big, heavy, and luxurious. Cost more than my drone, but I’m happy to have it. The weight hasn’t bothered me so far.
I prefer to think of mine as the Bentley!😁😁😁😁

Reactions: bmcelya
Why I should buy something 4 times more expensive, when Galaxy Tab A7 ( approx $150 for 8 inch version) will do the same job with DJI FLY?
Does this model require a tablet "mount-adapter" for the controller, or will it fit into the controller grips without the use of an adapter?

The Best (muscle power) – Tab S8.
The Best (display brightness) - Tripltek 8 Pro.

Must remember that the Tripltek is HEAVY compared to the iPads!
The Tripltek screen will stay bright regardless of outside temp.Where as the ipad screen will darken
when it heats up.The weight is a minor issue if it works great and is proven.
And the tripltek is what I use.

Reactions: PepperBird
It is the best

Attachments

• 48C33002-D917-4574-9BBE-B7E088C361FA.jpeg
    48C33002-D917-4574-9BBE-B7E088C361FA.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 11
The biggest concern is to make sure the processor is a 64bit 8x ARM CPU architecture. It's what makes certain tablets not compatible with the DJI Fly app. The other equation is memory. What else are you going to be doing with it? For example, if you are going to be streaming, running QGroundControl, or Rosetta Drone, I would prefer to have more RAM. I went with the Lenovo Tab 4 8".
Hey :)
Dose the Mavir Air 2S supports Rosetta Drone and QGroundControl?

I just ordered a Galaxy Tab Active 3 for a few reasons after a good amount of research/shopping; just the right size @ 8", brighter than other tablets in its price range @ 700 nits, durable/IP68, replaceable battery, physical back/home buttons. And I've always loved the Active series from Samsung. Had a Galaxy S5 Active for years and it was awesome.

I just ordered a Galaxy Tab Active 3 for a few reasons after a good amount of research/shopping; just the right size @ 8", brighter than other tablets in its price range @ 700 nits, durable/IP68, replaceable battery, physical back/home buttons. And I've always loved the Active series from Samsung. Had a Galaxy S5 Active for years and it was awesome.
Got the same one recently. Also they will continue to get android upgrades for the next 3 major versions (13 coming in January for it).

Reactions: pati0furniture
Got the same one recently. Also they will continue to get android upgrades for the next 3 major versions (13 coming in January for it).

And the nice thing about the Active3 ... it's waterproof, won't blank out in the cold, and the screen is reactive to touch quite precisely even with water droplets on it.

Used it again tonight in such a condition and the only prompt that came up was that the tablet automatically stops charging from the RC-N1 due to temperature "Charging stopped due to cold temperature", but the data connection keeps going.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun