DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best tablet to use with DJI Air 2s?

does the tablet need a sim card ie need cellular access
No, you don't require a cell connection, you need GPS. I use a Galaxy Tab S5e. It "works" great, but it isn't as bright as I'd like. I just couldn't justify spending a bunch more for something "just" for the drone when I have a perfectly working Samsung.

I see the Tripltek has a max brightness of 1299cd/m. My current phone, Galaxy S10 Note has 1200cd/m. However, my screen recently had an accident so I'm waiting for my Galaxy S22 Ultra which they claim has the brightest screen, 1777 cd/m! Not as big as tablet (still 6.8 inches) but for me its more about brightness so I'm dying for my replacement to come in. Even with the cracked S10 screen I still got $470 off, without the cracked screen would have been $750 trade in.

I see the Tripltek has a max brightness of 1299cd/m. My current phone, Galaxy S10 Note has 1200cd/m. However, my screen recently had an accident so I'm waiting for my Galaxy S22 Ultra which they claim has the brightest screen, 1777 cd/m! Not as big as tablet (still 6.8 inches) but for me its more about brightness so I'm dying for my replacement to come in. Even with the cracked S10 screen I still got $470 off, without the cracked screen would have been $750 trade in.
The phones you are referring work at about 400-500 nits maximum typical brightness, the higher nits numbers you are referring are maximum peak brightness than only last for seconds before the phone comeback to its typical brightness to protect the hardware. The Tripltek typical brightness is 1200 nits , and it can be sustained for hours of operation. The manufacturer specifications sometimes are very confusing, hope you understand the difference

Last edited:
The phones you are referring work at about 400-500 nits maximum typical brightness, the higher nits numbers you are referring are maximum peak brightness than only last for seconds before the phone comeback to its typical brightness to protect the hardware. The Tripltek typical brightness is 1200 nits , and it can be sustained for hours of operation. The manufacturer specifications sometimes are very confusing, hope you understand the difference
Thanks for the deep dive, I was just pulling the numbers from a review site, not the manufacturers data. Searching some more the phantomhelp site which does their own testing reports:

"Samsung claims 1750nits of peak brightness (for small patches of lit-up area, which is not explicitly stated) and 1200nits in 'high brightness mode', another name for the ambient light sensor-controlled maximum in bright conditions.

Under bright light, with adaptive brightness enabled, we measured 1266nits on our S22 Ultra under the standard 75% APL that we test and compare between phones, which is more than 200nits brighter than the closest competitor, the iPhone 13 Pro Max. It's quite the generational improvement over the S21 Ultra or the Note20 Ultra, both putting out just over 1000nits under the same circumstances."

LOL, by comparison this site lists my current phone, the S10 Note as Max Auto 789 nits based on their test. So going from 789 to even 1266 will be amazing. Don't need it for hours, only 48 minutes. :) Unfortunately while this site had phone and tablets, they hadn't tested the Tripltek, so I guess we can only go with the 1200 that they list on the manufacturer site.

Thanks for the deep dive, I was just pulling the numbers from a review site, not the manufacturers data. Searching some more the phantomhelp site which does their own testing reports:

"Samsung claims 1750nits of peak brightness (for small patches of lit-up area, which is not explicitly stated) and 1200nits in 'high brightness mode', another name for the ambient light sensor-controlled maximum in bright conditions.

Under bright light, with adaptive brightness enabled, we measured 1266nits on our S22 Ultra under the standard 75% APL that we test and compare between phones, which is more than 200nits brighter than the closest competitor, the iPhone 13 Pro Max. It's quite the generational improvement over the S21 Ultra or the Note20 Ultra, both putting out just over 1000nits under the same circumstances."

LOL, by comparison this site lists my current phone, the S10 Note as Max Auto 789 nits based on their test. So going from 789 to even 1266 will be amazing. Don't need it for hours, only 48 minutes. :) Unfortunately while this site had phone and tablets, they hadn't tested the Tripltek, so I guess we can only go with the 1200 that they list on the manufacturer site.

Here is a video I found about the Samsung Note 20 typical Brightness
and here is another with the Tripltek 7

I have an Samsung s 21 ultra so probably will stick to that then

Here is a video I found about the Samsung Note 20 typical Brightness
and here is another with the Tripltek 7
Thanks again, but after checking your profile and seeing almost every post from 2021 is about the Tripltek tablets and why they're better you are either a super fan or employee. Your last post provides no new data and is comparing with a phone that is three generations older than the S22 Ultra I originally posted about. Also, the Samsung is clearly in a darker environment and peak sustained brightness will only be visible in the direct sunlight with adaptive brightness on. It appears to be tested in that picture with adaptive brightness on in a dark room. Well no wonder it has a lower reading than the tripltek clearly in a much brighter environment. That is just setting the conditions to get the results you want, posted by Tripltek, not some third party objective test and not a true field test in direct sunlight where adaptive brightness will hit maximum level.
I'm sure I'm not going to convince you, but I'll just say I trust the unbiased reports from phantomhelp.com more than agenda based recommendations, and attempt to discredit anything other than the tripltek tablet.

Last edited:
Reactions: jedi2155
Thanks again, but after checking your profile and seeing almost every post from 2021 is about the Tripltek tablets and why they're better you are either a super fan or employee. Your last post provides no new data and is comparing with a phone that is three generations older than the S22 Ultra I originally posted about. Also, the Samsung is clearly in a darker environment and peak sustained brightness will only be visible in the direct sunlight with adaptive brightness on. It appears to be tested in that picture with adaptive brightness on in a dark room. Well no wonder it has a lower reading than the tripltek clearly in a much brighter environment. That is just setting the conditions to get the results you want, posted by Tripltek, not some third party objective test and not a true field test in direct sunlight where adaptive brightness will hit maximum level.
I'm sure I'm not going to convince you, but I'll just say I trust the unbiased reports from phantomhelp.com more than agenda based recommendations, and attempt to discredit anything other than the tripltek tablet.
Maybe instead of disqualify other opinions that we already are Tripltek users , you need to see it for yourself and then post your opinion

I'm not disqualifying other opinions, if you said you loved the Tripltek like I see a lot of folks do in these forums thats great. its when you are trying to discredit other posts with misleading data and tripltek biased and staged tests that I call fowl. You mention I can't comment on Tripltek without seeing it, doesn't that apply to your comments on the S22 Ultra as well? I'm at least quoting a third party, drone friendly review site, Phantomhelp.com, not the vendor that sells the tablet. However, first I will apologize, I see in my first post I was comparing the Tripltek. I wasn't trying to call your baby ugly, just wanted to compare to what others had listed as one of the brightest screens available. Also, I see you are in Texas, I'm in the Dallas area, I'm happy to meet on a sunny day and compare our two devices side by side, just message me via my mavic member account. -

Last edited:
Reactions: jedi2155
I'm not disqualifying other opinions, if you said you loved the Tripltek like I see a lot of folks do in these forums thats great. its when you are trying to discredit other posts with misleading data and tripltek biased and staged tests that I call fowl. You mention I can't comment on Tripltek without seeing it, doesn't that apply to your comments on the S22 Ultra as well? I'm at least quoting a third party, drone friendly review site, Phantomhelp.com, not the vendor that sells the tablet. However, I see you are in Texas, I'm in the Dallas area, I'm happy to meet on a sunny day and compare our two devices side by side, just message me via my mavic member account.
I have both the TRIPLTEK 8 and the Samsung Note 20 5G , and my wife has the Iphone 13 Pro Max. So I think I am entitle enough to share my opinion. By the way I live in San Antonio, let me know if come close by

My iPad Pro 3RD GEN 11" is working good for me....I had it before I even considered getting into drones so that is what I use.

Reactions: Xitor
The question keeps coming up regarding Android tablets so I did a search of posts for 2022 and came up with a decent list. I will try to keep it updated as I see confirmed positive reviews.

For those that can’t afford or do not want to spend big money on a Tripltek tablet, it goes without sying that the brightness does not match the Tripltek.

The list must have the following criteria:

Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.
With GPS
Compass

Confirmed, Works on:
MM2
MA2
MA2s

Above specs verified @ GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...

Android Tablets
Lenovo Legion Y700
Huawei MediaPad M5
Samsung 8.7" Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Tablet
Samsung Tab А8 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-X200; Galaxy Tab А8 10.5 LTE SM-X205
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4
Samsung S5E
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3
Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL

Last edited:
Reactions: Xitor
The question keeps coming up regarding Android tablets so I did a search of posts for 2022 and came up with a decent list. I will try to keep it updated as I see confirmed positive reviews.

For those that can’t afford or do not want to spend big money on a Tripltek tablet, it goes without sying that the brightness does not match the Tripltek.

The list must have the following criteria:

Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.
With GPS
Compass

Confirmed, Works on:
MM2
MA2
MA2s

Above specs verified @ GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...

Android Tablets
Lenovo Legion Y700
Huawei MediaPad M5
Samsung 8.7" Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Tablet
Samsung Tab А8 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-X200; Galaxy Tab А8 10.5 LTE SM-X205
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4
Samsung S5E
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL
I can't say enough about the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3. Fast, with an incredibly bright screen. 4GB of RAM, fast Octo-core processor. GPS and compass. Runs DJI fly with no problems.

Reactions: Xitor and March411
I can't say enough about the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3. Fast, with an incredibly bright screen. 4GB of RAM, fast Octo-core processor. GPS and compass. Runs DJI fly with no problems.
Appreciated.....

Added to the list.

Ditto on the Tripltek 8. Don’t discount the weight however. They are thrice that of a standard pad, and twice the price. Tough and waterproof. Mikie likes it. 1200 nits is luxurious.

Reactions: Alky1229
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec