DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best video software for a newbie pilot like me?

First Flight

Reactions
I am a newbie pilot and would like to learn regarding what video editing software should I purchase? Is it worth purchasing since I am a newbie? The software Elektra from Poulan Pro, is it worth buying it? Any tips and what editing software to buy?

There are lots of good free options too. You can find a list of commonly used editors here.

Thanks but I am skeptical about buying an expensive software and do not know how to use it or utilize it for my videos and photos.

Reactions: First Flight
Do you have a newer iPad or iPad Pro? Luma Fusion is phenomenal and dead simple to use. Very cheap app. The only somewhat annoying part is getting the footage on and off the iPad.

Your next best bet in my opinion is to use Divinci Resolve, which is extremely highly regarded, fully professional, and free. Don't spend any money without trying that first.

Keep in mind video editing is fairly taxing on your PC as well, depending on what you're doing.

Reactions: First Flight
I would second Davinci Resolve, I recently switched to it from Shotcut. Davinci looks intimidating at first, but there's just a lot going. Most of which you won't use for basic editing tasks. If you do need the more complex stuff, it's there.

Reactions: sleebus.jones
I use Shotcut which is a nice free open source package for video editing.
DaVinci did not run on my aging PC.

For all image editing and especially 360image editing I can highly recommend Affinity Photo.
Very good software at a very reasonable price. Comes for Mac and windows and does not have the stupid rental scheme which Adobe has.

For viewing 360 images ,on an Android tablet you can use an app called VR Media Player by Poppolab.

Under windows you can use a software called fspviewer.
Welcome to the FSPViewer web pages

I am a newbie pilot and would like to learn regarding what video editing software should I purchase? Is it worth purchasing since I am a newbie? The software Elektra from Poulan Pro, is it worth buying it? Any tips and what editing software to buy?

Use the free version of da vinci resolve 15. Great program and looks very difficult at start but after a couple utube tutorials, no trouble

I have used iMovie, but have moved on to DaVinci Resolve (free, not Studio yet). For me, my decision is based on a few things:
  1. What functionality I need
  2. How often I would use it
  3. Whether I get any money out of it
  4. How much it costs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+