DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the largest screen/monitor size possible to fit to a Mavic?

Vortex

Reactions
Up until recently I have used a Phantom 4 where it was possible to fit a full sized iPad as the monitor/screen.

I am about to purchase another drone, either a Mavic Pro or a Mavic 2, and I notice that we are restricted to an iPhone size screen.

Is it possible to adapt a larger screen such as an iPad or iPad Mini to the Mavic controller?

Are there accessories available to do this?

Thank you,

Peter.

Up until recently I have used a Phantom 4 where it was possible to fit a full sized iPad as the monitor/screen.

I am about to purchase another drone, either a Mavic Pro or a Mavic 2, and I notice that we are restricted to an iPhone size screen.

Is it possible to adapt a larger screen such as an iPad or iPad Mini to the Mavic controller?

Are there accessories available to do this?

Thank you,

Peter.
Not true, I use a 9.7 with a Mavmount. Also have seen the mini's fit in the remote.

Plenty of holders that fit in controller for whatever it is you use.

While it IS possible to go larger, we've found an I-Pad Mini-4 is pretty close to all you need.
It comfortably fits in the RC's arms, and will stay put - a little nudging from time to time serves well for 'reassurance purposes'.
The mini is large enough to allow access to the formerly tiny Icons easily, AND viewing area is plenty adequate - without making the Controller feel like an Anchor.

Rgds, NAVMAV

IMHO the problem with using the RC arms is they don't work with a protective case on the phone/tablet. The very first flight with my mavic pro a couple of years ago resulted in me having to remove the thin protective case from my iPhone 7s+ to get it to fit in the rubber gripping of the arms. As I was struggling to get it tightly mounted into the arms I managed to drop the phone and it landed face down in the parking lot. Totally destroyed the screen (although I did go ahead and fly), Ordered a mavmount and switched to my ipad that night and have been a really happy camper ever since. They have several options for mounting phones and tablets and you don't need to remove your case to use them. If you have Mavic 2 they have updated the mount for that and it is excellent as well. I actually tried it with my 12.9" iPad Pro and it worked but to say the least it was awkward and unwieldy. 9.7" might be a good compromise. I also just purchased the hoodman sunshield from the Mavmount folks but haven't used it yet. I did see it on a friends iPad/Mavmount rig and it makes a world of difference when flying in sunlight.

Not true, I use a 9.7 with a Mavmount. Also have seen the mini's fit in the remote.
I agree. I use a 9.7 as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki