DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what is the least distance you got until lost the video

palo34

Reactions
I was flying my drone mm, and the video was pretty bad at 120 Meters I am in the USA in the city using the FCC version of the mavic mini.

My MM has been great to at least 1,000’+ and usually beyond 2,000’ but I live and fly in the country. There’s very little interference here. It’s hard to see at those distances though and once you look away, there’s no hope of regaining VLOS. Incidentally, since you live in the US, there’s a setting where you can change to empirical instead of metric if desired.

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
Ones experience is going to be different based on location and wifi interference. Power grid. Buildings. The altitude you're at. Clean line of sight... All will factor in.

I went to a pretty clear area with few trees, flat ground, no powerlines and no wifi in the area. About 4,650 feet and 300 feet altitude before the video cut out. The signal strength read 100% all through the logs which seems a bit strange to me.

I was flying my drone mm, and the video was pretty bad at 120 Meters I am in the USA in the city using the FCC version of the mavic mini.

With respect, I would not focus on video quality & range. The MM is just not built for Mavic Pro distances. You say you are in the city. I have lost all video and control with a Mav Pro 1in less than 50m....I was in Singapore, a city by any definition. Cities are plagued with interference, multipath distortion especially. Other DJI drones withstand the interference, using Occusync, that the MM lacks. Cities have tall buildings (!)....that will block GPS also. The MM does not have all of the extra tech to assist when things go wrong. CE, FCC, whatever.....it will not make a practical difference in an urban area. Radio propogation is logarithmic, I love my CE MM, I get an extra 3-4 min of flight time.

Be safe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69