DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM HEIGHT FOR MAVIC 2

Agree.... I think their is confusion in the thread between altitude (AGL) and altitude above sea level going on in the thread.

Agree.... I think their is confusion in the thread between altitude (AGL) and altitude above sea level going on in the thread.
Certainly there is a confusing mix of the different standards for measuring altitude/height, but the original question explicitly specified "starting at sea level". With that constraint, they'd be the same. For most drones, when starting at sea level, the battery would run out before the drone reached its service ceiling (never mind software limits or regulatory limits).

Reactions: Thomas B
Mavic 2 zoom flew 0 - 5000 m / 16,400 ft AGL at -10°C/14°F

And max distance that I know of: 16 km / 52,500 ft away from the pilot on a double battery:

It’s my understanding that, at least with DJI factory firmware, the Mavic 2 series are software limited to fly no higher than 500 m/1650 ft AGL. The performance of the factory motors, controllers and propellers limit the drone to a maximum ceiling of 19,000 ft density altitude. Now whether tinkerers can increase the performance of their drones outside of the factory warranty, well that’s possible too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camino Ken
It’s my understanding that, at least with DJI factory firmware, the Mavic 2 series are software limited to fly no higher than 500 m/1650 ft AGL. The performance of the factory motors, controllers and propellers limit the drone to a maximum ceiling of 19,000 ft density altitude. Now whether tinkerers can increase the performance of their drones outside of the factory warranty, well that’s possible too.

...but the video above of the Mavic up on Everest claimed to (and video looks genuine) be above 28,000 feet, 9,000 feet above what DJI states...

...but the video above of the Mavic up on Everest claimed to (and video looks genuine) be above 28,000 feet, 9,000 feet above what DJI states...
I don’t know whether that’s a factory stock drone, or whether this guy has made modifications to the aircraft or the flight control firmware. Also note that I referenced density altitude, which is altitude referenced based on air density in standard conditions, not from MSL. If the camera crew got an exceptionally cold, high-pressure day, it’s possible that the density altitude in the vicinity was at or lower than 19,000 feet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird