DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is wrong with flying on 500m hight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris P. Chicken

Reactions
so i am a 14 year old drone pilot. I fly my drone sometimes at 200-500 meters.
So when I told this on another forum I was kicked of the forum...
So what is wrong with flying on 200-500 meters?
anyone can tell me? So I can learn...
I do want to fly in the rules. But sometimes it is not possible...

ohh and for the guys who dont understand that i am in tunesia where there are no rules around drones: Drone Laws in Tunisia | UAV Coach (2021)

Last edited:

The maximum legal height Above Ground Level is 120 meters. That is 120-metres above the ground from which you took-off.

Following rules, especially those that involve safety, is always possible.

NFA, just checking a few of your posts, I believe you are in Tunisia at the moment, but travel ?

Tusisia drone rules don't appear excessive, in fact I can't find anything about 120m / 400' rule there . . .

It seems you may need a permit and authorisations, but you might have already found them too restrictive ?

14yo, travelling with family ?
Denmark, Italy, Tunisia, great experiences.

You seem to fly some high altitude terrain, and when you do that you can still get some great vistas that SEEM over 120m, by staying within whatever height limit is in place FROM THE GROUND.
You can set your app to fly to 500m (DJI maximum) from take off point, and if going up a hillside staying within 120m of the ground, you can pan around away from the terrain and it will look like a great vast area from high up (because it is !), but really sticking to whatever rules are in place.
(Good for when you travel onwards to places that do have height restrictions.)

It's up to you to stick to the countries rules when you are visiting, some are very harsh in penalties.
If you try that sort of thing flying forbidden places / risking air traffic etc, you can be looking at some severe prison time, sometimes with little in the way of a trial or legal support.

Good luck to you, a lot of people would be very happy to have started drone flying at 14yo.

Dude, in the Dutch forum you mentioned you don't care about the rules and you fly at 500m all the time. If you are going to be like that and expect some sympathy... Big nope. It's people like you who have brought these strict regulations upon all of us. And in the end of the day, it is people like you who will keep ignoring them.

So if you really want to follow the rules: just google "drone regels nederland" and the top ten search results all point you to the right website.

In addition to the altitude restriction, in the Netherlands the minimum age to operate a drone is 16 years old...

Don't get me wrong, I think most of us have been in those positions where we thought it was okay to fly at the edge of an NFZ, or temporarily went to 200m for that amazing picture you always wanted, but don't make a habit out of it. Don't pretend to want to follow the rules, just follow them. Just don't be an a-hole.

That's nonsense.
I don't think you'll find much sympathy with that attitude.
weel do you think that it is possible to get a certificate in the Netherlands while you are in Afrika? Or to register it in every country i come? And what about if you fly commercially and there are some people close?

Dude, in the Dutch forum you mentioned you don't care about the rules and you fly at 500m all the time. If you are going to be like that and expect some sympathy... Big nope. It's people like you who have brought these strict regulations upon all of us. And in the end of the day, it is people like you who will keep ignoring them.

So if you really want to follow the rules: just google "drone regels nederland" and the top ten search results all point you to the right website.

In addition to the altitude restriction, in the Netherlands the minimum age to operate a drone is 16 years old...

Don't get me wrong, I think most of us have been in those positions where we thought it was okay to fly at the edge of an NFZ, or temporarily went to 200m for that amazing picture you always wanted, but don't make a habit out of it. Don't pretend to want to follow the rules, just follow them. Just don't be an a-hole.
yes thats true... but how about a travelling "bestaan" with a motorhome and you are in tunesia??? in tunesia there are no rules around drones so thats why i fly sometimes 500 meters for the awesome shot. And why do you misinterpret it? I am respecting the rules. But living in a camper it is sometimes not possible to respect the rules.....with a dorne

I misinterpreted you as I understood you are flying in the Netherlands.
As for the rest; when it is not possible to follow the rules, then you can't fly. What you are saying is: I want to fly a certain way, but it isn't allowed, so I can't follow the rules.
Well, yes you can, but that means you are not allowed to fly. Simple as that.

weel do you think that it is possible to get a certificate in the Netherlands while you are in Afrika? Or to register it in every country i come? And what about if you fly commercially and there are some people close?

In an increasing number of countries you are now required by law to register and there are severe penalties if you are caught flying without.

At your age your parents are still responsible for you and will be the ones being prosecuted for you showing no respect for the laws and regulations in place for the safety of others.

One day you’ll look back and realise why grownups find teenager’s behaviour reckless and irresponsible.

Reactions: Drones.n.Pixels
I misinterpreted you as I understood you are flying in the Netherlands.
As for the rest; when it is not possible to follow the rules, then you can't fly. What you are saying is: I want to fly a certain way, but it isn't allowed, so I can't follow the rules.
Well, yes you can, but that means you are not allowed to fly. Simple as that.
okay thats good.
but when you fly in the alps you want a revealing shot from what is behind the next mountain. so you are so fast at 300 meters or higher. But it is is true what you say...

In an increasing number of countries you are now required by law to register and there are severe penalties if you are caught flying without.

At your age your parents are still responsible for you and will be the ones being prosecuted for you showing no respect for the laws and regulations in place for the safety of others.

One day you’ll look back and realise why grownups find teenager’s behaviour reckless and irresponsible.
hahaha thats true. so if i follow what you say. I had to register my drone in: Tunisia Italy Switzerland Germany Denmark Sweden Norway Poland the Netherlands

I am happy to live in a country that has few and only important regulations for almost everything.
I understand you (I'm a bit of a pirate myself ...)
That too many and, above all, sometimes unnecessary rules make life difficult for you is undisputed.
However, it is important for young people to learn where the difference between "unnecessary, excessive" and "important" is. Think about it ...

• Haha
Reactions: Chris P. Chicken
I am happy to live in a country that has few and only important regulations for almost everything.
I understand you (I'm a bit of a pirate myself ...)
That too many and, above all, sometimes unnecessary rules make life difficult for you is undisputed.
However, it is important for young people to learn where the difference between "unnecessary, excessive" and "important" is. Think about it ...
thats true. But all the rules for safety i respect. and try to respect all other rules but as said earlier not always possible.

thats true. But all the rules for safety i respect. and try to respect all other rules but as said earlier not always possible.
It's always possible to follow the rules. And sometimes following the rules means it's not possible to fly. It just depends on your priorities, self gratification or responsible pilot.

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

Let me go on record by stating, You CAN follow the rules but you make the decision to NOT follow the rules. It's not a can't but a WONT issue. There is a significant difference and you're Cavalier Attitude is not going to serve you well long-term.

Keep in mind that flying "as you wish" tends to cause a Knee-Jerk reaction by law makers and only makes it more difficult for the rest of us who are mature and responsible enough to FOLLOW THE RULES! Just because the rules don't fit into your want box doesn't mean it's ok to not follow them. If you're going to play in the Big Boy box you need to act like a Big Boy and fly by the rules of whatever district you're operating in regardless if you like them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_