DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is you go ETTR EV setting for your mini 3 Pro?

Chapperz

Reactions
It's all in the title really... I'm just wondering who is using a mini 3 Pro and ETTR and if so, have you got a base EV setting?

+1.3 etc?

Thank you kindly in advance

Regards

If you shoot "Expose To The Right" you must of course shoot RAW.
And you must have the histogram showing on screen, and adjust your exposure until the histogram almost crashes in the right wall. You should not set a base +EV, it will not be reliable. ETTR requires manual control over exposure.

If you shoot "Expose To The Right" you must of course shoot RAW.
And you must have the histogram showing on screen, and adjust your exposure until the histogram almost crashes in the right wall. You should not set a base +EV, it will not be reliable. ETTR requires manual control over exposure.
I just finished reading an article and watched a video that states that the histogram is for jpeg and is pretty useless for raw. This the article.

I just finished reading an article and watched a video that states that the histogram is for jpeg and is pretty useless for raw. This the article.
It is true that the histogram shows exposure for jpg (naturally, because the raw file is not an image yet). But that does not mean it is useless, on the contrary. It just means that you have some more "headroom" with a raw file. Even if the histogram starts climbing a little bit up the wall, you can still recover some blown out highlights, at least some of the colours. The RAW file has a much larger dynamic range than JPG, and can take more adjusting in post-processing without cracking up. You can not expose to the right without watching the histogram, it wil just end up in overexposure and blown highlights.

Do not trust any random video on youtube, there is lots of false information :)

Reactions: Dronecation
It is true that the histogram shows exposure for jpg (naturally, because the raw file is not an image yet). But that does not mean it is useless, on the contrary. It just means that you have some more "headroom" with a raw file. Even if the histogram starts climbing a little bit up the wall, you can still recover some blown out highlights, at least some of the colours. The RAW file has a much larger dynamic range than JPG, and can take more adjusting in post-processing without cracking up. You can not expose to the right without watching the histogram, it wil just end up in overexposure and blown highlights.

Do not trust any random video on youtube, there is lots of false information :)
I was wondering that to be honest... So I just went out with the other half and took some lovely sunset beach shots but what I did was watch the screen and make sure that the histogram wasn't right up against the wall... Then bracketed them...

Unfortunately the laptop I have with keeps shitting itself every time I try to run Lr so the results of everything will not be known until I get home.

I've shot different exposures of most so hopefully I'll have something for my travel blog... Or I'll cry lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman