DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is your favorite DJI Drone ?

I only have two drones now. And my favorite is neither. My favorite was the first drone I ever purchased. And the second I actually owned. It is the Inspire 1v2. It is why the two I have are DJI as well. An M2P and a Matrice. Both great machines. But neither have the thrill the Inspire 1 gave. Launching the first time. Watching the gear rise up. I at times think of selling the Matrice and buying an Inspire 1 to replace it. I am a hobbyist so the Matrice was more than I need. And I fly the M2P all the time. It is like the perfect drone. Portable, user friendly, range, speed, and great camera. At a phenomenal price point. No interest in the MM. And the MA at several hundred seems incomprehensible to not just buy a lightly used MP1. Or the couple hundred more to buy new. Or save another month and buy a M2.

Reactions: Classic flyer
Simple question, me personally, my favorite DJI Drone is the Mavic Pro (1st version). I've only had the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air, but the Mavic Pro truly is my go to drone. That thing is a beast, can handle all kinds of wind, gets great distance with OcuSync, just an absolute joy to fly.

I'm betting I will get a lot of people mentioning Phantoms. So, what is your favorite DJI drone ?
Agreed! I love my mp! Yes it’s getting a bit long in tooth,but I still love how it has just functioned without any issues for me.

I fly the Mavic Air and Spark. Small but super capable. Distances way beyond what we are supposed to fly. Great camera and features.

Attachments

• 20190910_212321.jpg
    20190910_212321.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: old man mavic
I only own--and have only ever owned--the Mavic Mini (in terms of DJI drones), so perhaps I'm not qualified to "vote," but the reason I love the Mini--and the reason I have it--is because of its price point. To be able to get a quality DJI drone, with a great set of features $400 (well, I paid $500, because I bought the Fly More Combo), is a winner, in my book.

Hands down my favorite DJI quadcopter is my trusty old F450 Flamewheel with the NAZA FC. Totally modifiable NO NFZ's and can use virtually any 3s or 4s battery. My Mavic Pro is pretty cool too mostly for its small size but way too restrictive as to what you can do to it compared to the Flamewheel.

I started with the MP, then got the Spark and replaced the MP with the M2P. Now replaced the Spark with the MM.
The MP I was prety disappointed in the camera quality, but was otherwise flawless. The Spark was a great drone to carry with you, but in order to have sufficient flight time, I had the Portable charging station, which made it pretty heavy again to lug around. I absolutely love to fly my M2P with Smart controller. The camera, the flight characteristics... it just makes me feel so happy every time I fly it. The mini.... well... I feel it is a bit too neutered. The camera is ok, but the drone itself is so flimsy that it doesn't inspire confidence. I think I will sell it off pretty quickly, replacing it with the MA or MA successor.

I only own--and have only ever owned--the Mavic Mini (in terms of DJI drones), so perhaps I'm not qualified to "vote," but the reason I love the Mini--and the reason I have it--is because of its price point. To be able to get a quality DJI drone, with a great set of features $400 (well, I paid $500, because I bought the Fly More Combo), is a winner, in my book.
I'm tempted to get the MM fly more, such a great deal, you get a lot for your money.

I started out with the MP1 and it was my first love then I got a Tello fun toy drone. Picked up a Spark and fell in love again it is a Beast and easy to see in low light.Then got a MM I like it but my favorite is still the Spark it is so great to fly. They all have their uses. I just sent my MP1 off to get the gimbal ribben replaced, I will be excited to get it back to do the serious work but the Spark will still be my right hand drone although I will let the MM tag along incase I need to fly longer distance than Spark.

I started out with the MP1 and it was my first love then I got a Tello fun toy drone. Picked up a Spark and fell in love again it is a Beast and easy to see in low light.Then got a MM I like it but my favorite is still the Spark it is so great to fly. They all have their uses. I just sent my MP1 off to get the gimbal ribben replaced, I will be excited to get it back to do the serious work but the Spark will still be my right hand drone although I will let the MM tag along incase I need to fly longer distance than Spark.
Gotta agree the Spark is way cool... love the hand signal control and got a belt clip carrier so it’s my “quick draw” drone.

Reactions: TelCom9
I have the Air and Pro 1. The Pro is a much more capable flyer in terms of range, time and signal. Starting out with the Air I think its trained my instincts for a sub 16 to 18 minute flight and now I still enjoy the extra 4 to 5 minutes from the Pro 1. I imagine if I do get another drone which gives another 5 minutes of time I'd be delighted as well

M2Z is the best, but I fly my Air more, I sold sparky but I really loved it, shouldve kept it, overclocked it and actually went the fastest out of all of them, cant increase my forward speed on the other 2,Screenshot_20200205-111302.jpeg

Scott, you bring up a very good topic, I currently have 5 DJI Drones, and also sold a Mavic Pro Drone, my current drones are Phantom 4, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Air, Mavic Mini, and Spark, I would say that my Phantom 4 (1st generation) is probably still my favorite drone to fly, it’s not the easiest to prep, but when it’s in the air, it’s a thing of beauty, it has both speed and grace, and it’s size and weight handles the wind very well. My 2nd favorite drone was my Mavic Pro, I still have sellers remorse for selling it, it wasn’t the most technical advanced drone, but I found it to be very aggressive and fearless, it’s also the only drone that I’ve repeatedly flown near 5 mile distances without worrying about the drone making it back home, it was simply as reliable as a drone could be, and the airplane mode made it the drone to have. My Mavic 2 Pro I would say is 1 step below the Mavic Pro, sure it has a better camera, and occusynch 2, but when it comes to flying, I take into account, how much of the extra tech is being used, the Mavic 2 Pro is bigger and faster than the Mavic Pro, but to me the older Mavic is more controllable and in my opinion more reliable than the newer Mavic 2 Pro. Mavic Air is my 4th best drone, if traveling, unfortunately, it doesn’t come close to the flight enjoyment from the Phantom 4, or the Mavic and Mavic 2 Pro Drones. Mavic Mini is my 5th best drone to fly, it’s only real advantage is its size and the fact that it doesn’t have FAA Regs to deal with, it has a very nice camera, compared to the Spark as Well as excellent flight time which gives it an advantage over the Spark. My Spark is my 6th best drone, it’s limited flight time and the fact that it’s not foldable, and when you throw in the fact that the camera maxes at at 1086p, pretty much says why the Mavic Mini edges it out. Jim W.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom