DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of a disconnect is this - DJI GO4 app displays disconnected while video feed and telemetry is active

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
That doesn't appear in the actual data log. That must be added by phantom help because in the verbose data log it shows repeating time stamps so Phantom Help probably removes those entries as duplicate data
However they do contain unique data

I don't know why the time stamps repeat but we are looking at such a tiny amount of time here. The drone shows no warnings for this time period and it happens several times actually but I assume Phantom Pilots removes it as junk data but Idk.

We might have to have the final authority on these matters take a look if hes willing. @sar104 do you mind taking checking this? I dont want to give the wrong information and Im just not sure here,

I'm not sure why the app showed disconnected. There were some intermittent dropped samples in the first flight (148 of them to be precise) but the aircraft was connected for the entire time. The CUSTOM_updateTime is the wrong field to be looking at - that's unrelated to the aircraft telemetry clock time. The correct field is OSD_flyTime.

The DAT file is the correct file - the aircraft was not switched off and it contains both flights. The event stream log doesn't show any problems.

Thanks @sar104. I will see if this comes back again and will uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO4 app if it persists.

Reactions: sar104
Maybe I'm wrong but grey message saying only "Disconnected" is usually not related to problems with connection between drone and remote controller (those are usually red saying "No Signal" or "Aircraft disconnected") but with connection from remote to mobile device being interrupted (like when you accidentally disconnect the cable from one or other side). Personally I would check the cable connection before doing anything else. You can try connecting to the remote wirelessly just to see if it makes any difference.

Maybe I'm wrong but grey message saying only "Disconnected" is usually not related to problems with connection between drone and remote controller (those are usually red saying "No Signal" or "Aircraft disconnected") but with connection from remote to mobile device being interrupted (like when you accidentally disconnect the cable from one or other side). Personally I would check the cable connection before doing anything else. You can try connecting to the remote wirelessly just to see if it makes any difference.
I thought so too at first. But I have had cable disconnects before, the whole screen greys out and and both videos feed and telemetry were unavailable. This time, it was only the aircraft status that read "Disconnected". Everything else was alive and kicking.

I thought so too at first. But I have had cable disconnects before, the whole screen greys out and and both videos feed and telemetry were unavailable. This time, it was only the aircraft status that read "Disconnected". Everything else was alive and kicking.
I see.
But personally I would try to connect device though RC WiFi just for troubleshooting purposes (if you didn't try this already).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman