DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What needs to be set when I turn on my MA2?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey, I've been meaning to ask the MavicPilots hive mind: If I need to flip on my MA2 to start up a file transfer, or update the firmware, or whatever (but not fly it!), is there any problem with:

1. Not removing the gimbal cover when I start it up (I'm assuming there is, and I always to do take it off...)
2. Not folding out the legs
3. And if I don't fold out the legs: Keeping my prop holders in place

The gimbal really wants to spin around a bunch with you turn the aircraft on; this seems unwise to obstruct. The props do that little shimmy when you turn the aircraft on; I'm not sure whether that's a big deal.

None of this was clear to me when I was flying a Mini, either.

Thank you!

Always take that gimbal cover off when your going to power it up.
As far as the arms it depends on what I’m doing. Lots of times I leave them closed and have with all my Mavics with no issue.

I would say if the props are off, you could get away with keeping the arms folded, then just remove the gimbal cover...otherwise I would unfold etc...

Do what your comfortable with. Been leaving the arms closed with the props on since the MP came out and doesn’t hurt nothing.
I do it to be able to take screenshots of settings to answer questions.
Now I wonder if you could arm the motors with the arms closed ?
Might try that one day with the props off just to see.
Never know till ya try.?‍♂️

Reactions: Thmoore
Do what your comfortable with. Been leaving the arms closed with the props on since the MP came out and doesn’t hurt nothing.
I do it to be able to take screenshots of settings to answer questions.
Now I wonder if you could arm the motors with the arms closed ?
Might try that one day with the props off just to see.
Never know till ya try.?‍♂️

Ha! I subscribe to these forums to have other people learn some of these lessons for me!

Ha! I subscribe to these forums to have other people learn some of these lessons for me!
Works out pretty good then huh. .?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima