DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What needs to be set when I turn on my MA2?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey, I've been meaning to ask the MavicPilots hive mind: If I need to flip on my MA2 to start up a file transfer, or update the firmware, or whatever (but not fly it!), is there any problem with:

1. Not removing the gimbal cover when I start it up (I'm assuming there is, and I always to do take it off...)
2. Not folding out the legs
3. And if I don't fold out the legs: Keeping my prop holders in place

The gimbal really wants to spin around a bunch with you turn the aircraft on; this seems unwise to obstruct. The props do that little shimmy when you turn the aircraft on; I'm not sure whether that's a big deal.

None of this was clear to me when I was flying a Mini, either.

Thank you!

Always take that gimbal cover off when your going to power it up.
As far as the arms it depends on what I’m doing. Lots of times I leave them closed and have with all my Mavics with no issue.

I would say if the props are off, you could get away with keeping the arms folded, then just remove the gimbal cover...otherwise I would unfold etc...

Do what your comfortable with. Been leaving the arms closed with the props on since the MP came out and doesn’t hurt nothing.
I do it to be able to take screenshots of settings to answer questions.
Now I wonder if you could arm the motors with the arms closed ?
Might try that one day with the props off just to see.
Never know till ya try.?‍♂️

Reactions: Thmoore
Do what your comfortable with. Been leaving the arms closed with the props on since the MP came out and doesn’t hurt nothing.
I do it to be able to take screenshots of settings to answer questions.
Now I wonder if you could arm the motors with the arms closed ?
Might try that one day with the props off just to see.
Never know till ya try.?‍♂️

Ha! I subscribe to these forums to have other people learn some of these lessons for me!

Ha! I subscribe to these forums to have other people learn some of these lessons for me!
Works out pretty good then huh. .?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78