DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What software is the best for editing vids and photos ?

Is it soooo hard to ignore some regurgitated topic rather than taking the time to be rude? They will figure it out or more likely people like me would be glad to help, I told him what I used and later offered a suggestion on win 10 native editor and how to get the proper codec for it...I like this stuff.. Nothing like like the feeling of finding out something straight up rather than walking around in the dark forever searching.....I will help if I can, never shoot someone down....
At the risk of starting a further debate....if a new AC pilot cannot figure out how to search these forums for video editor discussions, good luck with learning to use a video editor...I have been editing for more years than I can remember but I even find Davinci Resolve to be a challenge as editing software continues to offer more and more features.

But then again I thoroughly enjoy PC software, especially self-learning.

I'm using Wondershare Filmora. It's not free, but not all that expensive either. Lots of features, very powerful, and a good user interface.
Ditto. I think it was around $75 for a “lifetime” subscription when I purchased it. As someone new to video editing I found it to be user-friendly.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
My point: why waste the time just because someone doesn't meet YOUR standards, for the most part this noob got plenty of suggestions and a couple of OMGs and no you didn't.... If we can't be "at least" respectful or helpful then we need to shut up....

Dang sorry for asking a question ..
Ragner was defending you you, I believe, like me, yes its good to search first, there are good peeps here that will help you, ignore the couple of jerks on here, most of us will help if we can...Happy Flying, Peace....

Editing software is also a changing environment. Something better comes around may preclude (or alter) earlier discussions and valuations. Technology is a naturally evolving occurrence...so the occasional updating of assessments is welcomed.

It also gives the snarky posters an opportunity to pad their post counts and elevate their self worth.

To the original questioner--

I work on an old Mac Pro that has its OS topped out at 10.11.6, so I've had to come up with creative ways to address video editing. For stills, I use Photoshop and Lightroom -- no worries there.
For editing video, I've tried Premiere Pro (expensive and won't run on my system), iMovie (works, sort of, but has frame-rate issues and few features), Davinci Resolve (great program but no luck on my old Mac), and finally Filmora (yes!). Filmora is relatively inexpensive (~$70) but the slightly older version (9.6) will work on an older system like mine. It's well-designed, intuitive, and easy-to-learn software, and more to the point, if you're using an older system, it's about the only thing that will work.
Hope this helps.

This was a giant step backward for me, but just for simplicity sake while on vacation, I downloaded the mobile version of Lightroom onto the iPad Mini 5 I use with my drones. I found that I like editing on the iPad with an Apple Pencil (knock off) better than on the computer! I also used iMovie for some basic video editing, and it works great. It renders in a fraction of the time my Macbook Pro takes with Davinci Resolve. You can't do any color grading or exposure corrections, but if you get it pretty good in-camera, it's a simple, quick option.

Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition for audio editing $60 a month subscription for the CS package with Lumetri Color Correction tool you can't go wrong.

This was edited in Adobe Creative Suite

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
I use Davinci, mentioned earlier in this thread, it is free. My laptop, Dell i5, is overwhelmed with 4K video. I found Splice. You have to pay a fee. Not too bad on price. Works great on your phone or tablet. It has a royalty free music library. Give the free trial a go. Feel free to reach out with questions.

also I’d ignore the rants about searching vs just asking a question.

I use VSDC. Free. Light on resources. I don't know what I'm doing so I hate to pay for something I don't know how to use.

LumaFusion on iPhone is really great if you don't have access to a computer.
I've been using Free Video Editor (formerly Free video dub) for years for removing ads from recorded TV and streaming.
I've stuck with version 1.4.12 Build 415 which keeps telling me to upgrade because it lets you save in the original format. Later versions wanted you to upgrade to a paid version to get the same feature. I think there are still early versions still on the web. I also use Handbrake to reduce the size of the files. It's a great piece of free software as well.
cheers,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom