DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Tablet

TheParaPilot

Reactions
Morning folks, well looks like my tablet isn't going to play ball, despite attempting forced upgrade to suitable android version. Apologies if this is in the wrong spot, but could I ask what you guys and girls are using to run the DJI Fly app please? thanks in advance, and have a great day.

Morning folks, well looks like my tablet isn't going to play ball, despite attempting forced upgrade to suitable android version. Apologies if this is in the wrong spot, but could I ask what you guys and girls are using to run the DJI Fly app please? thanks in advance, and have a great day.
Hi
I use a tablet made by Tripltek with the dJI fly app to fly my mavic air 2.
This is an android based tablet,I love it no problems at all.
Have a great day yourself

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 lite or Huawei MediaPad M5 8 or 10 inch...be carefull, look for tablet with compass ship...

Last edited:
Lenovo Tab 10 MFD. Nice tablet for the $$$ - under $200. Sole use is FlyApp and not had any real issues - loaded 1.5.0 and so far so good.

I'd suggest clearing the cache / files every so often; as they do build up fast and performance can take a hit.

Lenovo Tab 10 MFD. Nice tablet for the $$$ - under $200. Sole use is FlyApp and not had any real issues - loaded 1.5.0 and so far so good.

I'd suggest clearing the cache / files every so often; as they do build up fast and performance can take a hit.
Are sure there is compass in this Lenovo?

Are sure there is compass in this Lenovo?
I've replied before that I have compass / map in lower left of my screen and it works. It does not have cell capability, if that is what you are looking for - just works on wi-fi.

I've replied before that I have compass / map in lower left of my screen and it works. It does not have cell capability, if that is what you are looking for - just works on wi-fi.
I just not understand, why you escape from direct answer - is there compass in this tablet - yes or no. Your answers force me to think that you are not aware what I am speaking about. I am not asking about the compass/map indicator in the left down corner, I am asking is there compass chip in this tablet? This is very important, especially for the small mini 2. Without compass you are not able to point the RC in the correct direction toward the drone when you lose it from your sight. And do not tell me that the pilot must see the drone all the time and this option is not needed. People here asking is this tablet or other is fine. This tablet is not fine, yes it works, but it cuts one of the important options and saying that this is fine is just misleading. If some one lose the drone and engage Care Refresh and DJI ask what device has been used, they will tell you that this tablet is not good for this app and you are at risk to receive rejected claim. Are you going to be happy, if you have question and some one answer to your question like you did - with misleading? We all are here to help somehow, not to speak wrong facts. You are not helping, you are misleading ( if this tablet does not have compass)...

I have a Samsung Tab A 7 and love it. It has a GPS and compass, less than $150, and performs nicely. More details in previous post.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" 64GB with Wi-Fi + 64GB microSD is on sale for $150 right now is it the same? Will it work?​

I just tried a recommended cheapy tablet and it wouldn't load DJI Fly. So, I bit the bullet for the Tripltek 8. A little pricey, but the form factor looks like it might survive my dumb thumbs. I like the really bright screen. I think I got the last one in stock on Amazon.

Reactions: MA2 317
Here is a picture side-by-side of the Standard controller with the Tripltek 8 Pro and the SC Pro. The size of the display on the T8 Pro is huge compared with the SC PRO. After flying with the T8 Pro I can not get back to the SC ProWhatsApp Image 2021-12-05 at 11.37.01 AM.jpeg

Here is a picture side-by-side of the Standard controller with the Tripltek 8 Pro and the SC Pro. The size of the display on the T8 Pro is huge compared with the SC PRO. After flying with the T8 Pro I can not get back to the SC ProView attachment 139637
Thanks for the comparison shot. A picture says a thousand words.
Or a million pixels.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun