DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to edit with?

Steelrfan85

Reactions
I am brand new to drone footage. Any suggestions of a good video editor. I want to add background music and remove the audio from the drone. Is there anyway to record audio as well? My wife wants to talk a little bit while on travel.

Reactions: RibMavic
Maybe do some slow mo effects or time lapse. I will need to cut some clips. I’m going to also use my go pro so maybe I need an program for editing that as well.

Reactions: RibMavic
The drone it self doesn’t have any microphone so using the smartphones is your best choise, or a external, or maybe make a file you mix into your finnished movieclip.

Reactions: WeeBotOne
Depends what you want to pay or not and the level of editing you want to do or not ?? what type of video/photos you want to edit....

Ned a bit more info.

I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

I use the free basic version of Davinci Resolve.

Reactions: Crash6
I am brand new to drone footage. Any suggestions of a good video editor. I want to add background music and remove the audio from the drone. Is there anyway to record audio as well? My wife wants to talk a little bit while on travel.
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector. It’s a decent entry level editor that does have a few features that some of the way more expensive suites have as well.

It’s very easy to learn to use and produces nice results. There are many tutorial videos on YouTube showing you how to use it.

It will do everything that that you have mentioned that you want to do.

If you own a Mac = Learn iMovie since it is free. YouTube tutorials are best and there is a great deal of common terms & editing practices used in more powerful programs. Then, determine what your needs are in an editor; that is, what is your final output audience? Me, I went with Final Cut Pro X.

Last edited:
I use Filmora, a great editor...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000