Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

What to edit with?

Steelrfan85

Reaction score
I am brand new to drone footage. Any suggestions of a good video editor. I want to add background music and remove the audio from the drone. Is there anyway to record audio as well? My wife wants to talk a little bit while on travel.

Reactions: RibMavic

Steelrfan85

Reaction score
Maybe do some slow mo effects or time lapse. I will need to cut some clips. I’m going to also use my go pro so maybe I need an program for editing that as well.

Reactions: RibMavic

Viking

Reaction score
The drone it self doesn’t have any microphone so using the smartphones is your best choise, or a external, or maybe make a file you mix into your finnished movieclip.

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reactions: WeeBotOne

ZX14-R

Reaction score
Brisbane (Northside), Queensland Australia
Depends what you want to pay or not and the level of editing you want to do or not ?? what type of video/photos you want to edit....

Ned a bit more info.

I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

dawgpilot

Reaction score
I use the free basic version of Davinci Resolve.

Reactions: Crash6

Aaron24

Reaction score
I am brand new to drone footage. Any suggestions of a good video editor. I want to add background music and remove the audio from the drone. Is there anyway to record audio as well? My wife wants to talk a little bit while on travel.
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector. It’s a decent entry level editor that does have a few features that some of the way more expensive suites have as well.

It’s very easy to learn to use and produces nice results. There are many tutorial videos on YouTube showing you how to use it.

It will do everything that that you have mentioned that you want to do.

RickinWaST

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If you own a Mac = Learn iMovie since it is free. YouTube tutorials are best and there is a great deal of common terms & editing practices used in more powerful programs. Then, determine what your needs are in an editor; that is, what is your final output audience? Me, I went with Final Cut Pro X.

Last edited:

MKurr

Reaction score
I use Filmora, a great editor...