DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to expect from DJI repair

Jungle Media

Reactions
2 year drone pilot with my Air 2S and I had my first mishap. I was flying back to my location against the wind and when the battery hit 25%, it descended rapidly as if in "return to home" mode. Landed in a tree, 40 feet off the ground overhanging a river. With some help, we got the drone to fall out of the tree, I "caught" it with my hand, but couldn't hang on to it and it landed on some floating wood and bark on the river. Retrieved it within 15 seconds or so, it was never submerged. Acted wonky when I went to power it up. I was able to recalibrate the gimbal and it flies and images look fine, but I am getting forward and upward sensor errors. I sent it into DJI, it is in route now. Does anyone know what to expect from service? Is it likely to be fixable? How expensive is their service? I have no warranty. I have been seeing replacement "body only" sales on Amazon and eBay. Does DJI usually offer a refurbished price or a replacement with trade in price? Trying to decide whether to buy another one while I wait, or wait and see what they say.

Depends on the extent of the damage but their prices are reasonably fair. If you do a search you'll find multiple posts with other members talking about repair prices. I sent my Mavic 3 in for a warranty repair once and they did try to fix it but the fix did not work so they sent me another drone. I'm not sure if it was new or refurbed. You can't tell the difference.

The last one I sent in was a Smart Controller that had an internal issue. Part of a used package deal that I found on Craigslist. Had been sitting for two years in a box in a garage. Well out of warranty. I was sent a new controller for an 85.00 fee and they covered the shipping.

I would say there is no "usual" for DJI repair service. I assume you did a proper ticket with DJI service and DJI send you a return label. Then, just follow the updates on the service ticket. The repair prices will be itemized along with service fee. You pay, send it in, and wait for a return. Even though you paying repair price, you may get a new/refurbished Air 2s rather than your returned repaired Air 2s. You will only know by comparing the serial number of the returned drone to you original S/N. Service should be very rapid and reasonable price.

You would think that sending your Drone to D.J.I for repair would be like taking your car to the dealership for repair, High priced for no reason, But its actually very reasonable. It does take a little longer than say taking it to a local repair shop, To speed up the process as FLdave stated they may examine your drone figure out it may take to long thru service, and just ask you if you would like to purchase a new or refurbed Drone . The price they quote you will be generally in line with the new or refurb prices you see on their site. I would wait, To me it sounds like you might have gotten something wet. In that case they might just give you a good deal on another drone.

Depends on the extent of the damage but their prices are reasonably fair. If you do a search you'll find multiple posts with other members talking about repair prices. I sent my Mavic 3 in for a warranty repair once and they did try to fix it but the fix did not work so they sent me another drone. I'm not sure if it was new or refurbed. You can't tell the difference.
Thanks for your perspective. I am going to see what they suggest.

You would think that sending your Drone to D.J.I for repair would be like taking your car to the dealership for repair, High priced for no reason, But its actually very reasonable. It does take a little longer than say taking it to a local repair shop, To speed up the process as FLdave stated they may examine your drone figure out it may take to long thru service, and just ask you if you would like to purchase a new or refurbed Drone . The price they quote you will be generally in line with the new or refurb prices you see on their site. I would wait, To me it sounds like you might have gotten something wet. In that case they might just give you a good deal on another drone.
Thank you. I am going to see what they say.

I would say there is no "usual" for DJI repair service. I assume you did a proper ticket with DJI service and DJI send you a return label. Then, just follow the updates on the service ticket. The repair prices will be itemized along with service fee. You pay, send it in, and wait for a return. Even though you paying repair price, you may get a new/refurbished Air 2s rather than your returned repaired Air 2s. You will only know by comparing the serial number of the returned drone to you original S/N. Service should be very rapid and reasonable price.
Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS