DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to turn on first?

I turn on iPad mini, then the RC and then the drone. The M2Z auto connects to the controller.
Rise up 15 or 20 feet and make sure you have enough satellites.

Ah,ah does it matter to turn on the Ipad before the RC? Interesting..
No it does NOT matter at all. Why would it?! People need to stop obsessing over this, just turn on whatever component you like first. It is NOT difficult.

In colder weather, wouldn’t it be a good idea to turn on the drone first to allow the battery to warm up a bit?
You should keep your battery warm before starting, and that wouldn't be an issue. I am in Florida so no problem there, but if I lived in cold weather I would keep the battery in a pocket or other warm area before inserting..

I did not say it was difficult I just asked if it matters! Thats what the forum is ment for!

Last edited:
With current technology, it doesn't matter much what order you turn everything on.

But for a "just in case", I'd say turn on the RC first so you have control should the AC act up.

But since the smaller RCs have less battery power, and ACs seem to need time to warm up and aquire satellites, perhaps turning on AC first would be best.

Reactions: MROJAS
100% agree with this. Nevertheless it's a great way to start a fight on the forums.
? (smiley attached for the humour-challenged)

I agree... from experience in thousands of flights with my M2P . With my first flight of a day from habit I turn the drone on first. But from then on after landing to change batteries in the M2P by default my controller is on first since I don’t shut it down. No problems with either my SC or my CrystalSky... I use either depending on my preference for any given flight.

@old man mavic I think it's like the Nikon vs Canon debates on the camera forums, it gives the regulars a good laugh.?
Like the instructions they used to have printed on fireworks 'light the blue touch paper then retire'.

very true

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan