DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Would You Do?

dvarapala

Reactions
Suppose you are flying in Gesture Mode (no RC, no phone, no app, no DJI goggles, just you and your hands). Suddenly your Mavic (or Spark) loses GPS lock, goes into ATTI mode, and starts to drift. It's 20 feet in the air, out of your reach, and getting farther by the second. What do you do?

I would first tell myself I am an idiot! Then I would call Statefarm Insurance and tell then to cut me a check.

What was idiotic about my scenario? Was I not using Gesture Mode in the way that DJI intends/advertises?

First off try the Beckon command putting your arms in the "Y" position, hopefully that works. I don't usually try it without an RC or phone / tablet with me just in case.

Reactions: JMF
They also advertise being able to fly indoors safely. See how well that works out. LOL
Lots of postings on the forums about that going horribly wrong.
Do you believe everything DJI claims ?

common sense
without it what do you have?
a mishap

They also advertise being able to fly indoors safely. See how well that works out. LOL
Lots of postings on the forums about that going horribly wrong.
Do you believe everything DJI claims ?

What’s wrong with flying indoors? Works for me.

What’s wrong with flying indoors? Works for me.
I turned on my mavic air to do software updates while inside. I live in a no fly zone, so it shouldn't have been able to take off. After I turned it on it apparently found my hand and thought I was flying in that mode and took off. I grabbed it before it could destroy the lights/artwork in the room and ended up with some pretty nice finger lacerations. My own stupidity, but still, unless you have a big room I wouldn't plan on flying inside.

The sudden loss of gps lock while in gesture mode could only mean the beginning of an alien invasion. In this case your gestures are useless.

Reactions: BD0G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone