DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's installed on your Tripltek?

Thought I would start a discussion of what is on my Tripltek tablet and why plus ask what is on yours?

DU Recorder. Great and powerful free screen recording tool. Tripltek doesn't have one built in so this is a welcome addition.

XDA Rotation Lock. Terrific and free way to lock Tripltek into landscape mode. It even forces apps that normally appear in portrait to display properly.

Brightness. Simple app for changing the brightness of the Tripltek. I use 25% for everyday viewing and 100% for flying.

Wifi on/off Widget. Drones like my Skydio fly better without wifi interference. This app provides an at a glance view of whether WIFI is on or off and allows me to quickly toggle it off before flight

Open Camera. I seldom use it, but find the included camera app on the Tripltek to be a bit too simple. Open Camera is well regarded, works in landscape and has lots of helpful settings.

Beyond the five additions to my Tripltek above, I have DJI GO4, DJI FLY, Litchi, Parrot Freeflight 6, and Skydio installed. I often drool over various smart controllers but the Tripltek provides an unequaled universal experience for all of my drones.

So what do you use with your Tripltek and why?

View attachment 143990
I purchased the TriplTek Pro 8 for droning purposes, and am happy with it. I inserted a SIM card just for a test, and the T. functioned fine as a Smartphone. (I won't use it as a Smartphone, because its too big and heavy). However I have not been able to get an SD card to be recognized or function, either in the SD tray, or in the USB slot with the provided adaptor. Browsing TriplTek history I have seen that this has been a problem with earlier TriplTek editions, and has not yet been resolved. From what I have seen, T. uses an older File System and cannot handle files greater than 2GB in size. ,Since I have 256GB space, I have loaded a number of movies, which I can view at times of inactivity or boredom.

I have not been able to get an SD card to be recognized or function, either in the SD tray, or in the USB slot with the provided adaptor. Browsing TriplTek history I have seen that this has been a problem with earlier TriplTek editions, and has not yet been resolved. From what I have seen, T. uses an older File System and cannot handle files greater than 2GB in size.
Take this for what it is...because I have the Tripltek 7 Pro not your 8" model but I have a 128gb SD card in the tray that is functioning correctly. File format should be ExFAT.

If you can't get a large SD card to function, there is a problem somewhere in your system. It can be in the Tripltek, the SD Card or the formatting..... time to do some troubleshooting.

I have a lot of stuff on my tablet. Not all is used and does not hinder the performance of my Tripletek. I use it mostly for flying I have all the Apps I need to fly for all my drones. I have programs to get free TV. I have programs to get me free sports. Anything else is on my phone that acts as my hot spot for my Triplek.
It is a beast, don't be afraid to use the very expensive thing. When you pay close to $800 Canadian dollars I will not let it just sit in my flying case when I need it.
I do not have a tripleteck, up to now with the M3 I was using cristalsky. I find it way overpriced, and I mean insanely overpriced for what it does. At the end of the day is still a medium performance tablet in a commen shell with a better IP rating. From the quotes what I got max is 300 USD at the factory, and 400USD on the distribution channels. I see that on the last one they register in India what was weird, on a deeper serch on the database the manufacturer is still in China :) I see they had a fight with the manufacturer of the old 7 ver. and sincerely I can understand why looking at all the problems with the old version, and taking into account that the old manufacturer is not in fact the manufacturer, they so not have the capacity, was just a reseller what branded their products.

I purchased the TriplTek Pro 8 for droning purposes, and am happy with it. I inserted a SIM card just for a test, and the T. functioned fine as a Smartphone. (I won't use it as a Smartphone, because its too big and heavy). However I have not been able to get an SD card to be recognized or function, either in the SD tray, or in the USB slot with the provided adaptor. Browsing TriplTek history I have seen that this has been a problem with earlier TriplTek editions, and has not yet been resolved. From what I have seen, T. uses an older File System and cannot handle files greater than 2GB in size. ,Since I have 256GB space, I have loaded a number of movies, which I can view at times of inactivity or boredom.
you might want to look at the chip-set better, the SD capacity what they advertise is not supported by the chip officialy, is just on selected SD cards, are a lot of reports regarding this, also that resolution on the screen is "funki advertising" . Nope few users posted pictures with the real resolution :)

Apologies for bumping an older thread...

Just got a Tripltek 9 Pro. The home screens are covered with useless (to me) icons (Contacts, YT Music, etc). How do I remove them? I've used Android tablets, and usually you hold them down, and move to a trash can. There is no trash can on this tablet.

Help!

Apologies for bumping an older thread...

Just got a Tripltek 9 Pro. The home screens are covered with useless (to me) icons (Contacts, YT Music, etc). How do I remove them? I've used Android tablets, and usually you hold them down, and move to a trash can. There is no trash can on this tablet.

Help!
Change the Home screen settings: APPs Menu option with search bar – TRIPLTEK Support

Then, when you hold an APP icon you will see a trash bin on top, and you can drag the APP there

• Love
Reactions: astrohip
Change the Home screen settings: APPs Menu option with search bar – TRIPLTEK Support

Then, when you hold an APP icon you will see a trash bin on top, and you can drag the APP there
Thank you!! That was driving me nuts. Such an easy fix.

Just set my new 9 Pro up yesterday, so still LOTS to learn. Took a quick test flight, I love the screen size and screen brightness. I also bought the mount for the DJI Air 2S; very slick!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys