DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's This on my Mavic - Should I Remove It?

The other poster is correct. DJI has stated that it should not be removed.
As many people here probably know, the online DJI chat sometimes gives out incorrect advice. It's okay to remove this sticker.

Well, having read this thread, and as I always respect msinger's opinions on anything DJI related, I removed the sticker with the yellow tab. Sadly, as soon as I did, my Mavic dropped to bits all on its own, like a clowns car.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

As I said it would be harder to remove it from the decal sheets and harder to put onto the gimbal if you did not have that Tab. Also it makes is easier for assembly line inspectors to verify that it was installed.

That's easily solved with a perforation.

DO NOT REMOVE IT!
The Red Tab is there so that the factory workers have a place to hold it when peeling it from the backing and putting it on the gimbal. It is also there so that they don't get their hands into the sticky backing and messing it up.

I have left mine on for 6 weeks and numerous flights and I have had ZERO gimbal errors and no need for a calibration.
The plastic coating is very smooth and durable and I believe it helps the gimbal to slide past the rest of the metal. I originally expected the Plastic to get scratched up, but it still looks brand new. IMO that is further proof that it is not just a protective shipping cover.

Rob

If can't tell if you're trolling. If you are, well done.

This is 100% a protective cover to protect it during assembly. Not necessarily during shipping, as there is a gimbal cover for that. Anyone that tells you it shouldn't be removed does not know what they're talking about. Remove it. You're welcome.
Computer parts also come with these stickers installed, to protect them during assembly/installation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slantnose79
If you remove the tab you will loose all whatchamacallit control and will cause you to crash, whatchamacallit crash is not covered under warranty and is very expensive.

DO NOT REMOVE IT!
The Red Tab is there so that the factory workers have a place to hold it when peeling it from the backing and putting it on the gimbal. It is also there so that they don't get their hands into the sticky backing and messing it up.

I have left mine on for 6 weeks and numerous flights and I have had ZERO gimbal errors and no need for a calibration.
The plastic coating is very smooth and durable and I believe it helps the gimbal to slide past the rest of the metal. I originally expected the Plastic to get scratched up, but it still looks brand new. IMO that is further proof that it is not just a protective shipping cover.

Rob
Left mine on since November. Zero issues. I'd leave it alone.

Proof please?

READ THE MANUAL!!! It is right there in plain english. Right after this brilliant section on using two controllers:

"To ensure flight safety, when pulling down the throttle stick on the Slave remote controller, push both sticks down and inwards. When the Master remote controller is controlling the aircraft, the aircraft will not respond to that command, even if the Master remote controller has been idle for more than two seconds.
The Slave remote controller sticks need to be released so that the Slave remote controller is able to control the aircraft."

My brain hurts.

Reactions: Logger
DO NOT REMOVE IT!

Rob

I yanked mines off like I was starting a lawnmower! I let er rip! Maybe that's why my bird crashed?:confused: NAhhhhh It was me in sports mode cranking those sticks so hard I had gimbal overload.....until she clipped those trees!:rolleyes:o_O

Remove, dont remove, remove, dont remove!

That's great indeed!

What's this yellow tab on my gimbal? It seems to be attached to a removable film but it is hard to remove and tears easily. It also doesn't seem to cover anything important.

P1010560.jpg

I saw a video somewhere that shows some scuffing at the top of that part and on its opposite part above. It could be that it's there to prevent scuffing - at least until the new owner opens the package. I tried to pull mine off and it ripped. Haven't bothered trying to remove the rest.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk