DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what's your worst damage?

Haloweenhamster

Reactions
what's the worst damage you have inflicted on your mavic by crashing it?

s-l1600.jpg DSC_0436.JPG DSC_0425.JPG s-l300.jpg s-l300 (1).jpg
Not a crash I had but bought, I thought that you can't be sure if a second hand drone has been crashed so why not buy one that's cheaper as the seller is being honest, saying that.
I didn't expect the gimbal to be so damaged or damage to the fan tho

Last edited:
The gimbal,is the "weakest" link on the MP. Most crashes almost always, have gimbal damage.

No different from any DJI consumer grade drone. Land the P2 too hard and it's a $300 gimbal fiasco. Look at the gimbal sideways and you will rip a ribbon cable.

I was hoping for some pictures of other people's damage to see who has managed to cause the most

Not a crash, but nearly was. The gimbal on my 4 day old Mavic decided to initiate a self destruct sequence over a Scottish Loch. Ribbon Cable smoked on landing. Mavic currently now on route now to a Dutch DJI Hospital.

While filming the Ballachulish Bridge, 4 minutes into flight the gimbal went on a frenzy, this also made the Mavic fly erratically as the camera / gimbal dismounted itself. Pressing RTH got the Mavic back to me but a manual landing was required as the Mavic started the 'spin of death' move. Once on the ground the gimbal ribbon cable started to smoke and that electronic technicians nightmare smell of burnt components filled the air. I immediately removed the battery then changed my underwear.

I'll upload the video as soon as I've worked out how

View media item 1217View media item 1218

Last edited:
Reactions: bjohnson

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143