DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Wheel error"

tezdrone

Reactions
Hey guys, today I got a "wheel error" on the controller, while the app didn't show anything and drone's status light was normal.

The controller was beeping very loudly. I restarted everything and the error went away, but it has me a tad concerned if there's anything wrong with the controller that could kick back in mid-flight?

In case by "wheel", the rocker is meant, I do carry the controller in the DJI mavic bag and it makes rockers stay at angles. I've gotten that plastic protector but not shipped yet.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I had this two times.. while tilting the camera upwards. The error came up then wnet away as soon I relelased the rocker. I dont think its the controllers fault. It must be some software bug.

It's the camera tilt wheel. It will say that when it's not centered at the beginning of a flight, jsut letting it go back to center should make the error disappear.

Cool, relieved to know it's not important. Thanks guys! This forum is great!

One more question, that is now unrelated I guess, but do you take off rockers before putting the controller in bag (if tight), or use plastic protectors that keep rockers in position, etc?!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Matisse13
I see no reason to do either. The controls are well made and can handle the small amount of pressure they may encounter in your bag. And if you pack your bag just right, the sticks will barely touch anything else, so no pressure at all to be concerned about.

Reactions: tezdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc