DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When a little girl loses her slipper a Mavic....

who will play you in the movie do you think?
of course in the movie the drone will after saving the flip flop fall into the water, drown, while sticking up one wing like a thumb before it goes beneath the water, and its status light will blink.. once.. twice.. and then fade away into the murky depths.

jokes aside nicely done, worth it to put a smile on a little girls face huh :)
same reason I always show off when flying for little curious kids as they get so happy by it :)

Last edited:
I wanted to see the slipper....

So, I was having lunch last year at a waterfront place in the Middle Keys of Florida and these guys pulled up to the dock in a many-engined, center-console, high dollar fishing boat with a for sale sign on it. One of the guys gets out with his Inspire and the boat speeds off to get set up for its marketing aerial shots. The pilot fires up the Inspire and decides that the dock has too many pilings to be comfortable with so he launches it - very carefully - and slowly flies it around the corner to land on a nearby floating jet ski dock. While concentrating on landing the pilot failed to notice that the Inspire was drifting a smidge and caught a prop on one of the aforementioned pilings. I didn't think something could fall so fast from a height of 3 feet. Luckily the water was shallow.

Since I got my MP I've had nightmares about splashing it after seeing that happen. I don't know whether I'll ever be able to bring myself to fly over water.

Anyway, congratulations on your bravery and flying skills and may you always keep the shiny side up.

It never once crossed my mind that the MP would err and fall in the water. The technology never stops to amaze me.
Thanks MadValley just a bit of fun and practice with Final Cut and 4K and still new to flying. But what still gets me I can not see the difference on a MacBook Pro 13inch, between 1080 and 4K. Without zooming in or a huge screen can the average person really see the difference? I just can't see it.

[QUOTE="John Gowland, post: 349429, member: 25932" But what still gets me I can not see the difference on a MacBook Pro 13inch, between 1080 and 4K. Without zooming in or a huge screen can the average person really see the difference? I just can't see it.[/QUOTE]

You probably wouldn't be able to on that laptop because the screen itself isn't 4K. The 4K (8 Mega Pixels) video would be displayed at like 2560x1600 (4 MP) while the 1080 is displayed at full resolution which is something like 2 MP. So on that laptop your screen is half as good as the 4K video and twice as good as the 1080.

Oh yeah. The 4K monitor will provide four times the pixel density so colors and subtleties will really pop out. That's assuming whatever is rendering the video is doing true 4K. The big benefit of shooting in 4K is that you have also have four times the information so you can reframe your shots and then save your projects in 1080 which is (as you point out) perfectly sufficient resolution for most tasks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada