DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When did DJI start selling ads to be placed on the Fly app?

G Randy Brown

Reactions
I started out several versions ago everything worked fine and now it seems like every update gives me more issues (most recently 100 ft altitude limit & put in atti mode) but now I'm being coerced to buy Adobe Premiere, Xinjiang (whatever that is) etc...wtf?
I also tried to refresh everything in DJI Assistant and get an error...so I hit report and the security hoops that have to be jumped thru (find all the cats in these teeny tiny lo res pictures) that are tighter than my online banking!

Last edited:
I started out several versions ago and it seems like every update gives me more issues (most recently 100 ft altitude limit & put in atti mode) but now I'm being coerced to buy Adobe Premiere, Xinjiang (whatever that is) etc...wtf?

You’re being offered a free 3 months subscription to Adobe video editing software, I think that’s hardly an ad, it’s something really useful to many people getting into the hobby

You’re being offered a free 3 months subscription to Adobe video editing software, I think that’s hardly an ad, it’s something really useful to many people getting into the hobby
Really? What happens after the 3 months?
I use Vegas Pro bc Adobe is overpriced...not important but why can't I reject this "wonderful" offer ...and what about the other ads?

Reactions: hawkinsuk
I've tapped "view" 2 times and it still pops up...I'll try again later (I hope ur right)

Odd , I’ve yet to see any ads in my app ?

Odd , I’ve yet to see any ads in my app ?
Well I guess that is odd indeed...after 3 attempts today I finally got the update to work (in Fly not Assistant).
I didn't get the atti mode issue...I'm going to try to get out and fly this week so fingers crossed, things are back to normal then.

I haven't seen any ads on my iPad mini 5 either.

Nothing on my app at all. You sure you have the genuine app installed?

I pretty well can say I have never seen any adds with the Fly App
or Go App. Open them up and it goes straight to the beginning
screen. I’m not doubting you Randy on what you saw I just have
never seen any.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 23.58.25.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 23.58.25.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 49
Nothing’s really free. Do the ads stay on your exported videos?
There are no ads, there's just a notification in the Fly app (the same notification that shows up on the main screen saying new firmware available). You tap it once, it opens a browser window, close it and that's it.

Reactions: rxlawdude
There are no ads, there's just a notification in the Fly app (the same notification that shows up on the main screen saying new firmware available). You tap it once, it opens a browser window, close it and that's it.
Thx... much clearer now.

it's legit, I also received an email from DJI about it. It's an Adobe-DJI partnership for Air 2 users.
Well I just hope they don't get too aggresive with trying to make money.
I said I've clicked on it twice but it may have only been once.
This last time tho when I clicked on it at some point it went to what appeared to be another ad...surely DJI won't keep bugging the hell out of us after we acknowledge/click the ads.

I really hope you're right.

Ok I misunderstood. I took it you were seeing it when you opened the app.

I was flying today at 100 feet in an authorization zone. Suddenly my screen goes black, I lose connection to the MA2 and an ad for Adobe Premiere showed up. Panic set in for a moment, and I clicked the back button furiously to get out of that. My phone flashed black again and reconnected the drone. I continued on my flight. When I landed and was able to review my flight logs, that one flight counted as two seperate flights, confirming my complete loss of control over the UAV at that moment. THIS IS DANGEROUS.

*Edit*. This is the latest version of the Fly App found on the DJI website for Android. No inputs we're done on the phone, I was in the middle of flying in a straight line recording video and concentrating on holding my sticks still.

Reactions: Cobber
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02