DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When do Authorized dealers usually get stock in stores to sell after DJI releases?

Into the Mystic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I understand there is currently an issue with Customs holding things up with the Air3S, but do retailers like Best Buy generally get product shortly following a release, or does it take a couple months?

Pretty new to DJI's product release cycles...

do retailers like Best Buy generally get product shortly following a release, or does it take a couple months?
It depends.

Sometimes, dealers have stock on the day a new release is available. And then there are also times (like now) when only DJI has stock for some time.

DJI has been shipping all stock from China recently, which is unusual. They used to always do that some years ago and then started mostly only shipping from warehouses within the US.

So, if you want an Air 3S right now, it would be best to order from the DJI Store. And don't get caught up in all of the hubbub about drones being held in Customs. It's not happening to most people.

B&H Photo almost never gets DJI drone on the first day which is probably why they post up pre-orders where you sometimes pay for the drone in advance (which is important to some) or at least reserve it. It means they're going to have it, you're not obligated or locked in, and sometimes they even provide estimate dates instead of just "coming soon." You get to see the prices, which packages, and enjoy the other benefits from B&H but they are almost aways later than Amazon or Best Buy. I don't work there and I don't endorse them but B&H is my #2 go to for DJI drones right behind DJI.com.

B&H Photo almost never gets DJI drone on the first day which is probably why they post up pre-orders where you sometimes pay for the drone in advance (which is important to some) or at least reserve it. It means they're going to have it, you're not obligated or locked in, and sometimes they even provide estimate dates instead of just "coming soon." You get to see the prices, which packages, and enjoy the other benefits from B&H but they are almost aways later than Amazon or Best Buy. I don't work there and I don't endorse them but B&H is my #2 go to for DJI drones right behind DJI.com.
Also, unlike DJI, B&H doesn’t charge until they actually ship, unless you pay via PayPal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof