DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When doing a care refresh should I send battery too? (water landing)

Idaband

Reactions
So it crashed in a lake. I'd probably take it apart and dry it up...but it has sand and i have one refresh remaining.

So, should I send the battery too? I heard they don't replace batteries that often?

Also do I need to unassociated the battery with the drone too or something before sending it in?

So it crashed in a lake. I'd probably take it apart and dry it up...but it has sand and i have one refresh remaining.

So, should I send the battery too? I heard they don't replace batteries that often?

Also do I need to unassociated the battery with the drone too or something before sending it in?
When I sent my drone in for an express replacement care refresh, they told me to send the battery as well. AND GUES WHAT!? They sent me back a new Drone witha new battery that only had one cycle on it. I was impressed.

Honestly I dont see the harm in sending the battery back with the unit , I would imagine most times you will get it back, as well as if you left your SD card in the drone , I have gotten that back also. If the battery is trash what do you have to loose.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

If the battery got wet I would be inclined to send it as it is probably useless or suspect and of no further use to you, so even if they do not replace it and or keep it I doubt you have 'lost anything'.
Assuming that a refresh return is booked on line what does the webpage say about batteries?

I sent my battery when I had a trouble with my downward sensors on my new Air 2S. They replaced both the Drone, and the battery saying it had a "dimple" on it. I did not send props... and the replacement did not have props either.

Joe

Check the postal regs about declaring batteries as they can be a fire or explosive hazard and may not be allowed on air cargo unless specified. DJI could presumably test the battery for you, also, especially if you ask them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird