DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When in doors I loose video connection

Rik

Reactions
So when I was trying to fly inside of the workshop and I’m literally 3’ below the drone I get an error and the drone connection for video stops.

If I go outside it works perfectly.

Indoor a metal workshop with welders and such and I’m close to vehicles so I don’t know if that makes any difference other than the magnetic field.

Flying in visual mode to Atti mode as there’s no gps signal inside the building.

When the video stops working, I can still control the drone but just don’t have any video.

An error for the IMC calibration shows up on the screen and a message to not run the drone until the calibration is complete was the last code it gave.

Any ideas why there’s a issue only while inside??

do you have a wifi router in your house? quick test, un plug it, my ac messes with my router whenever I'm inside.

do you have a wifi router in your house? quick test, un plug it, my ac messes with my router whenever I'm inside.

I’m not home.. on the road at a clients shop and I was shocked when I tried to fly and the video just stopped. I shut off/on the controller and it works for about 30 seconds and the screen goes blank.

Walk outside the building and it works perfect.. walk back inside and the video goes to **** right away.

The video from the drone is wireless on a WiFi frequency. If the shop you were in has a WiFi network, it may have overpowered the signal from the drone. Also antenna orientation on the remote control can have an affect on how well it works.

Reactions: ROBERTNCREST
The video from the drone is wireless on a WiFi frequency. If the shop you were in has a WiFi network, it may have overpowered the signal from the drone. Also antenna orientation on the remote control can have an affect on how well it works.

Just spoke with the shop and they claim the WiFi isn’t great so?

Antenna, I was literally less than 3’ below the drone as the ceiling can’t be 12’ High....

But there is WiFi then? That would do it. It doesnt have to be good WiFi to interfere. Plus in a metal building, it is bouncing all over inside I would think.
if you need to fly there and get video, it will record everything on the SD card in the bird, so just fly enough to gget several shots of what you need, and sort it out off the SD card.

I’m not home.. on the road at a clients shop and I was shocked when I tried to fly and the video just stopped. I shut off/on the controller and it works for about 30 seconds and the screen goes blank.

Walk outside the building and it works perfect.. walk back inside and the video goes to **** right away.
It sounds like a dirty wifi channel.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98