DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When LAANC doesn't work..

DamienC

Reactions
Ladies and Gents,

Trying to shoot in Class C airspace; according to KittyHawk, I'm in a 'yellow' zone, permissible up to 200'. When all dates and info were entered (48 hors in advance), I was notified of further FAA review. I waited. 24 hours later: "The request was automatically cancelled 24 hours before the proposed start time as no definitive response was received from the FAA."

What the hey?

Tried again. Awaiting a response, but suspect it will be the same. I only need to go about 50' feet up. Just getting the exteriors of a couple of buildings across the street from each other. I've inquired with a couple of other pros. They say just go for it, and make it quick.

There's a college football stadium a couple of blocks away. I suspect that might be the issue. Obviously no football at this time, so maybe its just a reflex action by the FAA. Don't know. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I would not just go for it just in case. Did you try to call the airport and request? Also if this is for commercial use you need to have a part 107.

Yes, am Part 107. Yeah, could call the tower, although its recommended you don't.
This is a serious pain in the ol buttisimo......

Why not just apply for a wide area wavier for your location directly from the FAA? then all you have to do is send the info to dji and it will be added to your drone as a unlock location. On the day you fly, contact the tower of your flight and wavier and 9x out of 10 you will be approved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan